• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP! Port maintenance required light just came on

Firechic78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
So been running all weekend no problems then today info light on dash came on and says port maintenance required. Everything is running great just concerned what this means. Just had it serviced before summer. Did they just forget to reset computer? Please help. On the water today but if I need to head back and take it out I will. Thanks in advance. HAPPY 4th to everyone.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Canadian here... Happy Canada Day right back at you! lol

The wrench light, presumably the one you're referring to is simply an alarm indicating when maintenance is due. It is entirely based on a number of hours set by the dealer. So yes, the either forgot to set it or didn't set it correctly.

You have nothing to worry about if your maintenance was properly done and on time. Carry on and get it set next time you can.

In the meantime, electrical tape over top of it. ;)

Firechic78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Happy Canadian day! Ok great. Yeah everything I read said the same thing. Thank you so much. I’ll just cover screen with a towel. Hahaha. Hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I have the same issue - full service 15 hours ago but now get the horn every time I first power up. Easy enough to silence, but I was wondering if there is way to cancel this or or does that the dealer to do?

Thanks Scoop

Firechic78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
The dealer has to do it. But I was told there is a system out there to clear, read, and tune the BRP equipped boats. Its pricey. CANDooPro LLC, Diagnostic Tools
Hope this helps

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
OK Thanks. I will just get it reset at the next maintenance.