• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help Replacing Broken Switch on 2016 Scarab 195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Good Morning! Looking for some assistance on ordering a replacement part and installation for a broken “ADJUSTMENT SWITCH/TOGGLE” located just behind the throttle level. Please take a look at the photos attached. Thank you so much!
Joshua Baker
2016 Scarab 195 HO Impulse

Attachments

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
the switches are Carling Technologies LT Series i believe. i had to replace one my dash and ordered it off amazon. make sure its the "adjustment switch" vs the on / off. i'm not too sure how to tell the difference....

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Joshua Baker

Thank you for the reply. Do you know of any videos or instructions on replacing the switch? Do I remove the two screws on both sides of the throttle and then move on from there? Also, are you able to briefly describe what the “ADJUST” switch does? Thank you.
Joshua Baker

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m not too sure how to access the switch and I don’t believe there are videos..... the broken switch basically allows you to toggle through the options on your dash. If you have cruise control it also allows you to increase or decrease speed. hard to explain but the difference between the adjust switch is weather you push up or down it always returns back to center. The bilge switch for instance either toggles on or off. I’m sure there is a technical term for this type of switch but I dont know it.... research the info I provided and I’m sure you will find it.

Gozills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I’m not too sure how to access the switch and I don’t believe there are videos..... the broken switch basically allows you to toggle through the options on your dash. If you have cruise control it also allows you to increase or decrease speed. hard to explain but the difference between the adjust switch is weather you push up or down it always returns back to center. The bilge switch for instance either toggles on or off. I’m sure there is a technical term for this type of switch but I dont know it.... research the info I provided and I’m sure you will find it.
[/QUOTE

it’s called a momentary switch

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Aside from momentary, you will need a "double" throw switch. One that closes the circuit in both directions but is off in the middle. You can download the Carling Technologies LT Series Datasheet and have a look. They seem to call it "(something)-none-(something)." So in your case, I believe, you would need the "(on)-none-(on)" version. The "()'s" denote momentary. You'll need to check the terminal type to see which matches yours (I'd guess the 250 or 187 Tab). The other thing you'll need to know, is it a single or double pole? My guess is single. The single should have 3 contacts and the double should have 6. I say "should" because some switches have more, but since this is not a lighted switch (or is it?), 3/6 should be correct. FYI, a single-pole switch controls one circuit, and a double-pole can control 2 independent circuits.

Update:
I went to the Scarab Parts page and looked for that switch. They don't seem to have a non-lighted switch. The closest one I saw (it has a light) has the part number: 028-2227 and the Carling Technologies part number: LT1581601012. Comparing it to the datasheet, the first 4 digits (5816) seem to denote an "(on)-off-(on)" switch, so that is probably what you're looking for (not "(on)-none-(on)"). The rest of the numbers denote the style, light color, and voltage and appear consistent with what is on Scarab's site.

Good luck. I've haven't taken that console apart, so I can't offer any more suggestions. That is just where I'd start.

Last edited:

Barry Ceci

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Joshua Baker

Thank you for the reply. Do you know of any videos or instructions on replacing the switch? Do I remove the two screws on both sides of the throttle and then move on from there? Also, are you able to briefly describe what the “ADJUST” switch does? Thank you.
Joshua Baker
Joshua, I need to remove the side panel on my 2017 Scarab 195 to replace the throttle. I haven't found the trick on how to remove this panel. Were you successful in doing that when replacing the switch?
Barry