• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HELP! Scarab 195 won’t start

Southernboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
we last used the boat in July. Since then I’ve cranked it a few times with no issues. I tried to start it yesterday, but the battery was dead. I took it out and charged the battery overnight.

When I turn the key on, all accessories will function however the radio will not turn on. It doesn’t seem to be getting any power.

The engine makes that humming sound like it’s got power, but when I turn the key it won’t even turn over. I’ve check the fuses and they seem to be fine, the safety lanyard is in place. I’ve tried moving the throttle to see if the neutral position has shifted, but no luck at all.

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Mine was kind of similar at the beginning of this season, battery had a dead cell or 2 from being drained to low, forgot to hook up the float charger :banghead:.... i just went and got a new one and was good to go.

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Happened to me it was the battery cut out switch...I had to move the wires over to one pole to start er up. I will switch the switch at the end of the season.

Southernboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just tried my battery in my neighbors boat and it cranks right up.

Southernboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Happened to me it was the battery cut out switch...I had to move the wires over to one pole to start er up. I will switch the switch at the end of the season.
How’d you do that?

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
pulled the fuse box attached to the main cut out, then i noticed the main cut out looked broken. I grabbed my always on the boat tool box and moved all the red (and yellow) on one pole and just moved it over to the other pole joining all of the positive wires together. Making the main cut out unable to work yet able to enjoy the boat until I am able to replace the cut out unit.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I had a similar issue and I had a cracked main cut out, time before that it was a solonoid and also I had severe corrosion under neath start key... I have since replaced all switches 13$ a pop, replaced all solonoids and I now use ACF 50 spray on EVERYTHING. . I drench all connectors in the stuff, fuses to cannon plugs to anything I can reach. It's helped.