• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help! Thieves stole my stereo system and vandalized my 242x!

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys, the warehouse where my marina stores boats got broken into and they stole the stereo systems and vandalized all the boats!
Anyone with a 2017 242xe, if you could tell me what is behind the helm where the manual actuator box is that would help me out bigtime! They unscrewed that and I think I recall there being something for the stereo system mounted there? If anyone could take a pic of that box behind the helm and the amp and battery compartment that would be awesome! They ripped everything out of there and I’d love to be able to show the stereo shop what was there.

Also, what’s the best place to order parts online?

Thanks guys!! Really appreciate any help.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow!

Are you able to take it back to the boat dealer and let them return it to stock on the marinas insurance dime?

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wow!

Are you able to take it back to the boat dealer and let them return it to stock on the marinas insurance dime?
Nope! Marina sent me the fine print of the storage agreement and it says any claims are to go through our insurance... what they are going to do is credit me some dough for this summers mooring fee. Unfortunately the nearest Yamaha dealer is 2.5 hours away and they take like a month to even look at your boat! I’m thinking upgrade system and get boat in the water ASAP! Summer is going by fast!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh man!! That stuff is so integrated with Connext, I hope nothing else is messed up. Does it still run and everything else behave ok?

I’d be willing to take some pics, but I don’t think it would help you any. They changed a lot of their setup between 17 and 18.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
A55holes! So "thieves" broke in to the storage area and the storage company has fine print removing responsibility? Inside job? I would ask them what's the point in paying for their storage in the future if they can't keep people out? How many other boats were vandalized?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
if you could tell me what is behind the helm where the manual actuator box is that would help me out bigtime!
The only thing behind the helm is the servos for the reverse gates. I doubt they could care less about those....but did they screw with them? Pretty certain all your amps and stereo equipment are by the batteries (but I'm going on that from a 2016 X perspective).

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that stinks!

I agree with Abe and the electronics, if they hacked through it they may have incidentally damaged something else, I'd make sure to give the boat a test run to make sure everything else is operating correctly before the stereo replacement.

I can't think of any member at the moment that has a 2017,

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
He's likely talking about the amp mounted in the helm. That's where newer models install them. Sorry I can't be of help with what amps were installed in 2017.

Sorry this happened to you!! This would make me sick to my stomach.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
He's likely talking about the amp mounted in the helm. That's where newer models install them. Sorry I can't be of help with what amps were installed in 2017.

Sorry this happened to you!! This would make me sick to my stomach.
The helm is the new location for amps starting in 2018 models.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The amps were mounted under the port seat like @Julian said for 2017. I am not near my boat right now or I would snap a picture for you. Behind the curtain my be a concern. Hopefully someone else can chime in, maybe @F.M. can take a picture?

Stacey in SC

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’m thinking upgrade system and get boat in the water ASAP! Summer is going by fast!
Read the sign!! Lemonade!! Whats wrong with you people?!

I like your attitude. I'm considering upgrading right now thinking...hmmmm....maybe i need to put my boat at his marina. :)

Sorry this happened but glad to see you will make the best of it. Now find a sound guy and test everything else out to make sure its working!

Best of luck with all of it, and please do keep us posted.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The amps were mounted under the port seat like @Julian said for 2017. I am not near my boat right now or I would snap a picture for you. Behind the curtain my be a concern. Hopefully someone else can chime in, maybe @F.M. can take a picture?
Coming right up.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Amps and head unit.
20200527_144419.jpg

Batteries
20200527_144443.jpg

Manual actuators
20200527_144601.jpg

Behind the curtain angle 1
20200527_144646.jpg

Behind the curtain angle 2
20200527_144828.jpg

Swim deck remote
15906094582541248952557194020872.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like the black bezel on the rear step head unit!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Flat black engine paint.

Maximilian

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What I really need to know is exactly where the amps and controlling unit were? I know there was at least one amp by the batteries... they did not take the remote unit on the swim deck, but they did take the controlling unit. They unscrewed the servos behind the helm but I don’t see any damage or any wires or plugs at all there! I just need to know what I need to buy cus I’m going to put back the pol controlling unit so it’s still Integrated into the connex but upgrading speakers and amps. If anyone has a 2017 and can post send me pics of the battery compartment with amps etc and behind the helm I SURELY would appreciate it! Or if anyone know if there is a diagram of how all this is connected...

Thanks guys

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The head unit it right here under the rear port seat with the batteries.

20200527_151319.jpg

And there are 2 amps in there, the second one under the one that's visible - behind the battery.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What I really need to know is exactly where the amps and controlling unit were? I know there was at least one amp by the batteries... they did not take the remote unit on the swim deck, but they did take the controlling unit. They unscrewed the servos behind the helm but I don’t see any damage or any wires or plugs at all there! I just need to know what I need to buy cus I’m going to put back the pol controlling unit so it’s still Integrated into the connex but upgrading speakers and amps. If anyone has a 2017 and can post send me pics of the battery compartment with amps etc and behind the helm I SURELY would appreciate it! Or if anyone know if there is a diagram of how all this is connected...

Thanks guys
The photos I posted above are the exact photos you're asking for.