• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help <connext screen not starting up>

Scojo14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New to the forum.

Just took delivery of a new 2017 212x. Put keys in and the connext system would not load. Screen flashing different colours with annoying beeping tone. Batteries ok. Checked all connections. Thoughts?

Will try to upload video of screen

Thanks

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the dealer can probably help you, but for all practical purposes, I will disconnect the batteries for 1 hour or 2 and then reconnect them. Dont go on panic mode, just yet. Welcome to the forum

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
BTW if you are in need of real help you should put "@ HELP" as one word ( like no space) in the body , not in the tittle. That will send an alert to a bunch of people. I am not so sure that your situations warrants that help blast at the moment :jimlad:

Scojo14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BTW if you are in need of real help you should put "@ HELP" as one word ( like no space) in the body , not in the tittle. That will send an alert to a bunch of people. I am not so sure that your situations warrants that help blast at the moment :jimlad:
Gotcha. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll try disconnecting batteries. Dealer hasn’t been too helpful so far

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
And if you find anything wrong (as in they connected positive to neg), take a photo of it, then fix it, as I expect you paid a dealer prep fee, and if you did, they clearly didn't test the boat - which is part of that fee! Then go back to the dealer and ask them how this could have happened and why did you pay for something that they didn't do.

That said my bet is the batteries are low....

Scojo14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks

Everything looks proper. Batteries test at 12.4V. Batteries disconnected. I have them on the charger now. Hope you are right!

Scott

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
From a quick google search:

Resting fully charged 12 volt batteries are around 12.8-12.9 volts, and flat dead ones are at 12.0 volts, so 12.4 volts on a resting battery means it's about 50% charged.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scojo14 I know things look terrible now, that it the issue will be resolved sooner or later. If you stole the boat from the dealer which it sounds like you did, then I can see why they are not helping. That being said, I am pretty sure that down the road they will have to help you or Yamaha will end up being involved.

I bet @Julian is into something; he usually is right. And by usually it is more like 99% of the time kind of usually. :jimlad:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I bet @Julian is into something; he usually is right. And by usually it is more like 99% of the time kind of usually
Absolutely not! For example, I'm never right when it comes to arguments with my wife!!! Or choices of food for my 13 year old!

Hoping I'm right on this one as charging a battery is an easy solution!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is all part of the 1% LOL.
Now that I think about it, taking fuel 20 miles west of Bimini does not qualify as the "right choice" either, though it definitely was the right thing to do ;)

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so what is the update then ? context working again ?

Scojo14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Left batteries on maintainer/ charger overnight. They were not fully charged when I got up so ill check and reconnect when I get home. Given the time to charge fully I suspect and really hope you are right.

Scott

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
try searching with the term
connext
on the right hand side of the forum. I recall a lot of people posing issues with their. look at the threads that come up and see which one matches closer to your issue.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Batteries fully charged. Both over 13 v. Still same issue. Beeping coming from boat warning buzzer/alarm behind console.

Photos of display attached

Any thoughts?
This is NOT normal and I do not recall anyone here reporting this...
Hopefully you are not too far from the dealer. I wouldn't think twice about taking the boat back there.

--

Scojo14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It is back at the dealer. They are looking into it.

Scott

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
very curious to hear what went wrong with it

Scojo14