• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Heyday inboards - What do you think of this?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well THAT's interesting. . . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I looked at one at a boat show over the winter. Strange boat. You drive from the center. If people complain about the space in the 19'ers, they would have an aneurism in one of these. My opinion after thinking about it for a while was that I'd rather have a clean 5 year old 21' tow boat than one of these if I were to go that route.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly for $40K new I wouldn't consider it. I got my AR240 for $45K and for less than $1.5K will have a surfable wave this year. . . . .

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aptly named "wake tractor". Maybe it's me, but: AWFUL?
Never thought I would use that word in connection with a dedicated wake boat....

There are just so many things about making these boats making me queasy, I needed to spot reading... :rolleyes:
I hope I am in a minority.

--

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not a fan. As was said, you can get a much nicer boat at the same price point.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Overpriced for what it is. And perhaps get a rep who isn't high when being interviewed about the boat....

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Overpriced for what it is. And perhaps get a rep who isn't high when being interviewed about the boat....
They must have been high when they set the price too. . . .

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I think it's brilliant!
I am sure inland lakes will see these for sure!

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think it is a unique concept boat. Basically comparable to a Speedster or similar, but with a nice wake. Easy to put in a garage, really a giant jet ski, but with a nice wake. I would think it stands to be a hit on restricted length lakes.

I may be a little biased, though - they were tugging at my heart strings with this line...

"The WT-1 is to a current tow-sports boat what a stealth fighter is to an F-16 — you assume that it floats or flies almost on faith."

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it's really unique. I'm yet to see one in person, but I'm told they're much roomier than what photos portray. Inboards have gotten very high in price, so it's good to see this boat get introduced. For the same money, you could buy a used 20-21' inboard, but I haven't yet been able to see a comparison in usage. If all my boating were just my wife and me, I'd deeply consider this boat. Looks crazy simple... In a good way.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I saw one at a boat show, but not yet on the water. I'm not sure that I would call them "roomy" because of the way you have to climb over seating areas to move about the boat. They are interesting though.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would not want one as a primary boat but I do think it could be a great second boat when my kids get into water sports.

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Cool idea... The way I see it they aren't competing with Seadoo (maybe the wake versions) or Yamaha jet boats which are more family haulers or a boat version of a PWC... but actual ski boats where room/space isn't the #1 priority but proper wake/pulling ability.

Those ski boats are I believe 2-3x the pice of this boat... Yes funky name but with a msrp of $40K Ina, sure many would deal with the lack of room and other issues due to price point.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
um, yeah....... when I get another center console it will definitely have rod & drink holders and not a folding tower. :winkingthumbsup"

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If you could actually find a base Mastercraft NXT20 ($50K) in the wild it would probably be a better deal given name recognition (resale) and more traditional styling, but I'm not sure that's possible. Moomba's new Helix is right around the $50k mark too, although I'd still think the MC would be the best choice of the bunch...if it really existed.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just drove by Phil Dill in Lewisville,TX which is a large Yamaha dealer. They have a WT-1 sitting out front.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce here is what you need to build for the kids, a zip line could start in your living room ;)