1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hi fellow Glastron boaters!

Discussion in 'Glastron Jet Boats' started by Darren Scherer, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Darren Scherer

Darren Scherer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    I just purchased a 2018 Glastron GTS187. I had a 2001 Seadoo Challenger for 6 years. I loved it and had to do very little maintenance. It fit in my heated and air conditioned garage, so it never needed winterizing. It also looked the same when I sold it as the day I bought it.

So I was set on another boat that would fit in my garage. I’ve always loved the Yamaha boat and I owned an R1 sport bike that I loved. Thing is, I had to have a boat with a beam 7 1/2 feet or less. My Seadoo was 85” and the trailer was all under it. The only boats I found that would fit were the GTS187, the Rinker R19 and the Chapparal H2O. The Rinker and the Chapparal sit on 8 1/2 foot wide trailers, despite the narrow beam width and no dealers would work with me on a different trailer.

The stock Glastron trailer just barely fits through the door, no where near as easy as the Seadoo. I loved my jet boat and my uncle in northern Wisconsin had a Glastron when I was a kid. That thing was beautiful and super fast (had a Chevy 350).

So here I am, a new GTS187 owner. Super happy so far. Only have two hours on her. Little harder to get her in and out, but it is worth it to have my baby literally right under me at night. The lake is 10 minutes from my door and I can be on in 15. I live in Lee’s Summit, MO outside KC. This lake is 30 minutes from downtown KC, is surrounded by trees and hills and most people don’t even know about our secret. Also, it’s a county lake, so anyone who doesn’t have their boat registered in the county has to pay a $20 day pass each day to use it. So we rarely have outsiders and like I said, many of those who do live in the county don’t even know about it. Don’t tell anyone!

I’m particular about my stuff and no way I could leave a new boat or even a really nice used boat outside. And to pay for climate controlled storage or storage and winterization/dewinterization was too much. Plus then the convenience of being on the lake in 15 minutes would be gone. Being on the lake after work boarding, skiing and swimming wouldn’t be the same or as easy.

So that’s how I got to my GTS187. Still love the Yamaha AR195. If it had a 7 1/2 foot beam instead of 8, it’d be in my garage right now. My Glastron dealer is a Yamaha dealer also and first. They lead with Yamaha and it’s in their name. But no way I leave a new Yamaha outside though or in my in-laws barn which is 40 minutes the opposite direction of the lake.

Looking forward to learning more and meeting Y’all. Fee like I know some of you already just from checking in on posts over the past few years.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. Beachbummer

Beachbummer Jet Boat Junkie

Ratings:
    +659 / 9
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Nice, congrats on the new boat! I had a 99 Seadoo, but I had it for 14 years, so I did wrench on it quite a bit but it was always running.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darren Scherer

Darren Scherer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    Thank you! Seems like we are always working on them one way or another. I’m always cleaning, polishing or waxing. Couldn’t imagine having it outside or in storage. I’d go crazy!

4. genwrx

genwrx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    Welcome to the board and congrats on the boat!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Weeb

Weeb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Welcome aboard. You can come clean my boat if you get bored

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. NavyShooter

NavyShooter Jet Boat Lover

Ratings:
    +126 / 2
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GT
    Boat Length:
    Indeed, welcome aboard! I'm driving a 2015 GT187, and there's times I wish for the extra HP of the GTS.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darren Scherer

Darren Scherer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    Had her out last night and put the third hour on her. Yeah, I’m glad I opted for the 250hp as it seems to have plenty of power and I really haven’t gotten into it yet and I the dealer said there was a programmed breakin period in the ECU.

Thank you! Glad to be a part!

8. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Other
    Year:
    NA
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    NA
    Beautiful boat! Good luck and enjoy the hell out of it!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Darren Scherer

Darren Scherer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    Thank you Tempest!! We just took it out last night for probably the last time this summer. I have 19.9hrs on her and she runs beautifully.

All 5 of us in the family have learned to wakeboard and it pulls us all with ease. It has been a great season and I hate to see it end. It’s due for the 20 hr oil change anyway, so I guess we will shut her down until May of next year.

Everything has been great with this boat. After the break-in period (5-10 hrs) it got even more responsive. She runs great, but it still pulls to the right. I’ve tried all kinds of weight set-up, but it pulls harder than if it was weight and you’d notice over time if it was weight. It’s not weight distribution. If you just let go of the steering wheel the natural inclination is to go right and once it goes pretty good right, she just keeps wanting to go that way. There’s no just coasting hands free.

It’s under full warranty, first years oil changes are included as well as winterization and de-winterization. So I will have it looked at by the dealer and I will share what they come up with in case anyone feels they are experiencing similar issues.

So other than driving at about 10 o’clock to go straight instead of noon, the boat has run flawless. Oh and the gas gauge only goes to about 2/3 when all the way full and seems to hit empty somewhere between 5-0 gallons. Hard to say exactly as I didn’t want to run completely out of gas, but I had it down to about a gallon and I’d say it hit “E” with about 5 gallons.

The gas gauge I noticed at delivery, so that’s been noted and we will see what that do about that as well. Minor things and I can’t wait to be on the lake again next year.

Thanks folks!!

10. genwrx

genwrx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    This is most of our jet boats AFAIK, always gotta steer or have someone steer, or go in circles, even at idle while I'm throwing out bumpers mine will start to spin or turn on me before I'm done.

11. Darren Scherer

Darren Scherer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    Yeah that sounds about right.

12. deanNtammy

deanNtammy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    just wondering what the top end speed is? our sx175 will hit 52ish with just me and wife onboard, 190hp merc/alpha w/21pitch, comfortable cruise is 25-30mph. starting to look for something, a-faster, b-able to handle rough water (lake Michigan)

13. genwrx

genwrx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Glastron
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    GTS
    Boat Length:
    Not that fast, ~40-42ish I think for the 207, maybe ~45? For the 187.