• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

HI QUALITY TUBE AIRPUMP

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
... we probably Pull tubes as much as SURF....

My AIRPUMP is dieing ...today might be its last day...

What is the VERY BEST AirPump available , hi volume and quality...
I don't want o buy again...if possible
12v is a must of course...
thanks
Larry

I have been very happy with one of these for the last three years.

AIRHEAD AHP-12HP High Pressure Air Pump 12 Volt

It is a high speed pump. We use it for tubes, a small trampoline and even an inflatable island.

61jt8ccDLpS._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I have essentially the same air pump from Overtons. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...igh-Pressure-Inflator/Deflator&i=44211&r=view Leaps and bounds better than any I have used. I know there are several companies that have this same pump with their name on it so look around.

The key here is to get one with alligator clips that goes directly to the battery. This thing pulls like 30 amps when running so it is much different than the ones that go in the cig lighter (they are much lower power). It is a bit more of a pain to use but this one will actually fill the tubes up all the way full rather than running out of air before the tube is full.

I have essentially the same air pump from Overtons. http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...igh-Pressure-Inflator/Deflator&i=44211&r=view Leaps and bounds better than any I have used. I know there are several companies that have this same pump with their name on it so look around.

The key here is to get one with alligator clips that goes directly to the battery. This thing pulls like 30 amps when running so it is much different than the ones that go in the cig lighter (they are much lower power). It is a bit more of a pain to use but this one will actually fill the tubes up all the way full rather than running out of air before the tube is full.

X2. Five or six years with it and it still runs awesome. I leave it clipped to the battery full time.

That pump is made for Overtons by Airhead. I don't know what other brands it is manufactured under, but it is available for around $45 even under the Airhead label. I also have this pump and it really pumps fast. The connectors cover the gamut, but keeping them on can be a little bit of a challenge. The downside is that it is LOUD and SHRILL. As mentioned, it pulls 28 amps so don't try this with a cigarette plug, use the alligator clips direct to the battery or bus bar. It is a very good 12V pump. They also make this HP pump in 120V for home or dock use.
http://www.airhead.com/12v-high-pressure-pump.html
AHP-12HP.jpg

I use the same Airhead pump as well.
Going on its 4th season.

There are a couple different models, the normal one does 300l/min, the high pressure one does 460. I got the high pressure one and love it, little more cash but has some more kick to it. Great for blowing up my party island lol

I also have the airhead pump. Its not tons faster than the smaller ones but it is faster (and noisier). I mounted mine beside the battery and use an external switch and a long corigated hose, coiled up under the seat. A very handy setup. The hose can refill 3 man tubes at water level. Here is a pic. Cam.air pump 002.jpg air pump 004.jpg air pump 005.jpg air pump 006.jpg air pump 007.jpg air pump 008.jpg

Same Airhead pump as above. Other than noise level, it is ideal for us (mainly used to inflate & deflate our Super Mabel mid-lake on the swim deck). Bought summer of '09 - maybe '10 - never missed a beat.

You asked for "THE BEST."

Mel's suggestion of the AIRHEAD is spot on !
It is rated #1, by a ton of peoples, including us !
Check Amazon for good pricing.

How ever .............. There are SEVERAL models.
If you can use a
120VAC model, to be used @ home, here is the best they make. I have 1 and love it. Quite powerful !
You want what is referred to as the SUPER HIGH VOLUME - Model #
AHP-120S (not AHP-120HP).
http://www.amazon.com/AIRHEAD-Super-High-120V-Pump/dp/B000R4PEO6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1424041249&sr=8-7&keywords=airhead pumps

For a 12 VOLT DC model, please see my post below.

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:
That model @MikeyL is the exact pump as the 12V version, except it is 120V for household current...note the grounded plug pigtail. It won't work in the boat without shore power or an inverter.

Looks like the Real Tubers use the AirHead - I'll order it this week....
As early as we got out today...we ran out of time for the Tube before it was time to head to the Ramp...
#shortwinterdays G0021876.JPGG0021876.JPG IMG_0335.JPGIMG_0350.jpg

I have the same airhead pump but am serously considering using a small inverter and a shop vac. I use a manual pump to top off all of my tubes so PSI is not a big factor for my decision. Shop vac moves way more air and probably won't get anywhere near as hot as my airhead pump does after 15 minutes of use.

I have been very happy with one of these for the last three years.

AIRHEAD AHP-12HP High Pressure Air Pump 12 Volt

It is a high speed pump. We use it for tubes, a small trampoline and even an inflatable island.

61jt8ccDLpS._SL1500_.jpg
I have the same pump, love it! I connect it to a portable jump box sometimes in lieu of the battery. The leads are quite long and it is a great pump.

Last edited:
I don't think the heat is a factor, it doesn't get so hot you can't handle it and the wiring isn't that hot either. But the thing is DAMN LOUD and SHRILL!

Mine is under my seat and it is better but still loud. No mistaking if you have left it on. Cam.

I have the same pump and leave the clips attached to the battery under the cover and keep the pump under the small seat cover so it's easy to access. I've had mine 4 years.

I have the same pump and leave the clips attached to the battery under the cover and keep the pump under the small seat cover so it's easy to access. I've had mine 4 years.
This is a good idea for you guys that use this pump more often. I would cut the alligator clips off the ends and put ring terminals on them, and attach directly to either bus bars if you have them or to the load lugs on your battery switch. If you don't have a battery switch, I would recommend getting one. I am a little leary of a battery powering an external load source switch 24/7, and the clips pose a threat as they are not secure. The ring terminals are a simple and great solution. Even connected directly to the battery, they are a much safer solution.

Back