• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

House of mirrors

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think I went a little overboard, don't tell the wife. 20180515_094651.jpg

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good idea!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did you keep it from her so far?

So what mirror are you going with / recommending and why?

I have the 3 part mirror in your pic, I like how wide the view is but wish each mirror was individually adjustable. Since I already have it and the cost to replace it is high I plan to stick with it unless or until it breaks.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Ronnie I'm going with the CIPA Vision 180. I used Extreme, 3 part mirror the last couple of years and its good but I like the look of the Vision 180 and it offers the wide angle view of extreme. They are cheep right now on amazon, even cheaper if you're a prime member.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is $177 considered cheap? Ouch.

I'm trying to figure out which will obstruct my view less, a windshield mount, or a drop down tower mount. I had a side tower mount on the previous boat and loved it. I would tip it up or down if it was in my way when not towing.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Which one is the 180, the third one from the left?

$177 seems up there but I checked on cipa mirror prices before so I know that is not bad. From what I recall the tower mounting arm and release handle along with the tower mount itself can easily exceed the cost of the mirror. If have to get a new mirror my big requirement is that I be able to use my existing mounting hardware.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
$38 would only buy me a SS handle for my Samson mirror set up if I bought directly from Samson. I’m thinking about buying a cipa 180 because I like that it’s a little taller than the three piece I have, plus I like to have options. It wasn’t until I visited their website and took a closer look at my three piece that I realized the side mirrors are independently adjustable. I don’t even know why Samson offers the smaller cipa mirror.
90388D06-8331-4082-BFAE-E248B5051861.png