• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How about a list of ballast set-ups and surfboards used.

thcole

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I currently have two 400lbs ballasts in my boat. I move one from side to side depending on who is surfing and I have one in the ski locker. I am looking to buy a few more this year and maybe set up the system more permanent. I am thinking leave the 400lbs in each rear compartment, and 800lb bag in the ski locker and another 400lb bag up front or maybe move to the swim deck when needed.

I currently have a Liquid force Fish 5'6, but I want to buy a faster, better board for myself, and use the Fish to teach other people on.

I am looking for suggestions and just to see what other people have.

SUMMER IS ALMOST HERE!

I have a 212x, so it already has 750lb - 800lbs of ballast. I'm gonna put another 400lbs. Sumo bag in the ski locker. I used "moveable" people ballast to determine that we needed another 400 in that ski locker.

We use a CWB Ride and I just picked up 5'11" HyperLite Landlock.

I have the 212x and hit the switch on the auto ballast many times until the cupholders pop, I think that gets me to around 1000lbs. Then I put a 750lb on the swim deck, fill the front ski locker about 3/4 up, which I would guess to be about 400lb. No need for a bag as it just sloshes around in there. In the 08-10 212x's there were two ski lockers in the floor. I think the newer ones just have one longer locker. Then if I really want to go big I add another 750 bag on top of the front ski locker up front or sometimes put it in the back. Usually have a few guys in the boat. I have a inland surfer squirt that I can go ropeless on for short amounts of time. I'm going to buy get a hyperlite landlock so my wife and other beginners can enjoy themselves this summer.

Well lets see here, I have an inland surfer tako board and my ballast is as follows.

400lbs port and starboard as far rear as I could get it and an 800 pound in the ski locker. Those are all auto fill with a johnson ultra ballast pump. I then have a 350 lb bag under the front seat port side. Then I put a 550 lb bag on the port cabin seat and I have another 550 lb bag to put where I need to for the given rider if need be.

Well lets see here, I have an inland surfer tako board and my ballast is as follows.

400lbs port and starboard as far rear as I could get it and an 800 pound in the ski locker. Those are all auto fill with a johnson ultra ballast pump. I then have a 350 lb bag under the front seat port side. Then I put a 550 lb bag on the port cabin seat and I have another 550 lb bag to put where I need to for the given rider if need be.

3,050 lbs? :nailbiting: Wow.
Let's see a pic of that wave.

2008 sx210 , I run a 1000 bag under the seats on the port side and a 800 bag on the seat back port side , then a 350 bag under the front seats , then if I have no passengers I run another 350 bag on the front floor and another 350 bag on the rear floor ,and another 350 bag on the back seat boards we use is the island surfer squirt , island surfer tako , and a carbon fiber xXx skim :)

Here is a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 33
image.jpg This is one of my favorite pics of the wife surfing !!! The pics don't do the wave justice but every one that rides it likes it :)

Dont let Mark fool you his boat sucks to surf behind. ;)

I dont have any pics with all of that weight in there yet but here is one last year with about 2800 pounds of bags and people weight. It is my Avatar!!

20130914_172549_resized.jpeg

And the aftermath

20130914_172559_resized.jpeg

I still need to work on bag placement and to clean the face of the wave up a bit. That picture was the first time I had the boat in the water and Mark and I just put some of his bags in my boat. My set-up I described up top is all new and to be tested/tuned this year.

Back