• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How Amazon’s Square Deal policy on tubes/towables works

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For context, most boat owners know that tubes/towables are or can get expensive ($300 to $500) fast and unless you buy from Costco or get an extended warranty/repair or return policy, you get the “out of sight warranty”, that is, once you leave their site after the sale, your warranty is over. The bigger the tube the heavier it is, which will impact shipping costs if any.

So in late 2018 I bought a large tube off amazon, air head mega rockstar, 6 person capacity, over 50 lbs. and retailed at the time for around $450, i got it for $80, $90 with the 4 year Square Trade extended warranty. Two years later the tube starts to leak, I make an online claim by getting my purchasing info from amazon And following The links therein. Very easy. With 24 hours I get a few emails asking about my claim, to provide receipts, etc. These are the up to three actions they will take in this order: 1.Repair, 2.Replacement, 3.Refund.

About two or three days in they let me know by email that they cannot find a comparable replacement, I’m thinking cool I’m going to get a new one, nope, I got a refund (well maybe not yet) for my purchase price minus the cost of the extended warrant, $80. Fair and square? Sure but I can’t buy a replacement tube for $80. I’ve gotten a lot of good use from the tube and it didn’t cost much so I am not complaining but if I buy anymore tubes they will be from Costco, no option or need to buy an extended warranty, no forms to fill out or waiting period But no sub $100 large tubes either.

6EECE5B9-FE6C-4B8C-A162-A0E501213F02.jpeg