• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How do they measure wakesurf boards?

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any know how this is done, I am assuming it has something to do with the shape? Is there any standardization or do the manufacturers just do their own thing? I have a Hyperlite Broadcast 54" and a CTRL Tarpon 63" ... they are almost the same length measured end to end (closer to 63")!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hahaha... I think you're right!

I looked at the graphic quick and thought I was ordering a longer board to try and get my fat ass up on the wave. When I went to put the new Tarpon up on the shelf they looked the same, guess I know why!

Well I have a fancy new board to try out anyways...