• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How does the QUIET CRUISE TECHNOLOGY work and is it on the 2019 models

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder how that works and if it does any good? Im looking at the Yamaha jet boats and which models have this?
Im looking maybe towards a 24ft model if I can find one at a good price.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder how that works and if it does any good? Im looking at the Yamaha jet boats and which models have this?
Im looking maybe towards a 24ft model if I can find one at a good price.
Basically in the new 24 foot models they broke up large stern compartments into smaller ones to diminish crazy amount of vibration and noise, and added some padding.
These boats are still loud, but the new ones are approaching sane levels, still not quiet but tolerable.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure how relevant this info is anymore...? When I was researching prior to purchasing in 2016 between a Chaparral Vortex 243 and my AR240. BoatTest results showed the Yamaha was as quiet at full throttle as the Chaparral was at idle. So the extra sound deadening has proven somewhat effective by comparison.

I tolerate the sound alright. The difference with these boats is that the sound is higher pitched coming from twin 4 cylinders at running at higher RPM when compared to an inboard V8.

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not sure how relevant this info is anymore...? When I was researching prior to purchasing in 2016 between a Chaparral Vortex 243 and my AR240. BoatTest results showed the Yamaha was as quiet at full throttle as the Chaparral was at idle. So the extra sound deadening has proven somewhat effective by comparison.

I tolerate the sound alright. The difference with these boats is that the sound is higher pitched coming from twin 4 cylinders at running at higher RPM when compared to an inboard V8.
Y

Wonder if there are any Youtube videos showing the new 2019 24ft models and the sound level coming from the engines while riding in them?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Y

Wonder if there are any Youtube videos showing the new 2019 24ft models and the sound level coming from the engines while riding in them?
I was able to find the BoatTest specs in the video for the 240. The info should still be relevant, to my knowledge the sound deadening hasn't changed since the introduction of the current 24 ft hull design... I haven't found any videos on the newer model years that give the same specs. They mostly highlight the things that have updated year to year.

The sound info starts at 5:43.

I couldn't find the aforementioned BoatTest info for the Chaparral, but it's there in one of the youtube videos.

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wonder if there are pictures of how they broke up large stern compartments into smaller ones to diminish crazy amount of vibration and noise, and added some padding. Would be interesting to see what it looks like.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wonder if there are pictures of how they broke up large stern compartments into smaller ones to diminish crazy amount of vibration and noise, and added some padding. Would be interesting to see what it looks like.
Yes there are plenty pictures on 2015+ 240/242 boats... showing wet compartments built into the stern (enclosed behind swim deck cushions), a lot of foam padding covering the inside of the engine hatch door and engine-bay walls/bulkheads etc. All that contributes to having way less noise emanating from the back and throughout the boat's hull.
There is less space for extra ballast (built-into the rear compartments) in these boats but that's a relatively minor concern in most cases and we now have the Custom swim deck bag anyway - for those who wake surf.

--

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20181021_192721-01.jpeg
Maybe not the greatest pic to show it, but on my 2016 AR240 you can see how relatively compact the engine compartment is and the sound deadening insulation lining the compartment. What you can't see in the picture is the inside of the top hatch which is lined with 2 layers of foam.