• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How little can you ride without issues

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a ultra250 that I bought new in 08 and I don't use it much because we normally go out on our boat every weekend. I'm curious how little I can ride it without issues. I normally use it one week a year 10-20 hrs that week. I keep all the maintenance up on it. Thanks for the opinions.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stabilizer in the fuel, fog it down when laid up for a while. Spray protectant on everything in the hull and the jet pump. And you should be fine

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have any issues i can take a look at it for you. Im only 1/2 hour from Moorhead

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have been struggling with the same issue. I plan to sell my ski in July as I expect that for the next 3-4 years my ski will likely sit in the garage and be lucky to get used once a year and I worry about it sitting as well. I agree with @Neutron it should be fine but I figure while there is still some value to mine I will sell it and buy some new ones when it becomes more realistic I can use it more.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fog the supercharger after every ride. I always soak the motor and pump with lube bc of salt water. Don't want any problems bc I don't want to hear the wife complain. Like she's the one that has to fix it if it breaks?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Funny,
you seemed to be doing a good job. I wouldn't worry bout it much. Enjoy it when you can. Have fun and be safe!
If ya decide to sell it let me know. Got a lot of friends always looking for good preowned skis