• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How many hours have you logged on your Scarab?

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just Checking in how many boating hours you racked up? Sea, or lake and the biggest problem you encountered with your boat.
I check in with 45 problem free hours. Hope your season was just as good as mine up here at Lake Sunapee NH!

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We currently have 108 hours and counting. We put 44 hours on the first year! So far the only issue that caused us to miss any time was a clamp that broke on the supercharger inlet. Besides that it has been problem free.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
141h here, but bought it with 22h on it. Three seasons in, so about 40h per season (Ontario, Canada). Biggest problem, fuel gauge getting stuck at full because of the float getting stuck in the tank when gas sloshes around. I've "fixed" it by bending the rod of the float. Seems to have alleviated the problem considerably. Happened only once this year and I can fix the issue in about five minutes if it does.

Fluffy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I got a whole 26 hours on mine before #2 Cylinder quit holding compression.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does it have to be a Scarab or a BRP engine?

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
2015 Scarab 165 HO I have 225 hours on mine, and LOVE it. I have only had minor issues with it, and nothing that has not been taken care of. ITS A BOAT.

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does it have to be a Scarab or a BRP engine?
BRP is fine, just want to get info on the reliability on the engine.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok, I bought my boat used with ~40 hours. I now have 163.

Just got the boat back after 8 weeks at the dealer. My cats started leaking due to the blots being loose which then lead to a snowball of events. Inside the cats they found little rocks to a quarter size rock (no idea how!) The dealer replaced every component touching the engines including one engine (somehow the block was cracked :rolleyes:). Also the iNR was replaced as they stated there were several problem with them.
Although it sounds like I am complaining, I'm actually not. I think the dealer wanted to ensure there would be no issues and did not want to take any chances. I am fortunate all this was covered under warranty. Hate to think what this would have cost.
I love this boat and would buy another on in a heartbeat (twin 3s for sure). :p

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
100hrs on 2017 195, in the dealer 2nd month of ownership for 2 wks (warranty work) its never been back again. No issues!!

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
85hrs on a 2015 215HO. purchased new in 2016. not many hours but Canadian summers are short. only issues was an O2 sensor this summer, fixed it myself for $85. love this boat. every time i drop it in the water i get compliments.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I got around 145 hours on my 2017 195 hoi. The only major problem I've had on my boat other than bolts vibrating loose were a couple relays for the shifter mechanism burnt out. I take mine in salt and fresh water.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
2014 HOI, 130 HRS all Ocean. Numerous Issues in the beginning until I found the Right Shop. Have been going good for about 2 years with Zero issues besides an O2 Sensor.

Peter Le B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Other
I have a 255 Platinum with 70 hours on each engine. Boat purchased in August 2018. We’ve done 50 hours this year. Lives in the marina all year round and used in the sea. Keep a good eye on the anodes and have topped up with a couple of extra ones on the steering linkage and the nozzles. Super boat and no issues other then O2 sensors being replaced under warranty...sound really think of that as an issue.

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
2019 195 with the 300hp (left over) have had it about 16 weeks and have put 60hours on it

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
40 hours on my 180SE since June 3rd!! Not Scarab, but BRP still!

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
258 Hrs. on a 2015 165 HO. Only rebuilt Supercharger and (Cat. replaced under warranty). Change oil every 50 Hrs.

slaubman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
100hrs on a 2015 215 all on lake water. Replaced O2 sensors on both engines, rope around impeller (can’t blame the boat for that one!) and a wake tower that’s nearly impossible to put back in place when lowered.

Hunter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
179 hrs on my 2014 scarab 215 HOI has some major issues. Supper charger failure, starboard engine has a high pitch whine to it ( ever since the supercharger failure), O2 sensors gone bad, multiple misfires, starter solenoid gone bad, windshield bolts broke (had a small pice of wood behind each screw that got wet and broke), metal 215 plate on windshield pealed off, wake tower pin almost fully backed itself out (very hard to Line up) but overall it’s stood up since it’s from the first year of production, lots of loose bolts from no Loctite used. I can’t complain, has manny great memories boating.

Last edited: