• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

How much gas did you burn?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here are my final stats for the season.

Put 45.5 hours on the boat engines.
Burned 262.188 gallons of gasoline costing $695.88.
That puts me at 5.72 gallons per hour or $15.21 per hour.

Money was very well spent.
IMG_6388.JPG

I'm anal, but I don't keep that much detail....and this summer was not a big boating year for us...to many weddings and family issues. I think I'll be depressed when I see how little boating we did this year when I read my hours! But the boat is still on the lift....so perhaps we can get a fall color run in yet!

@buckbuck do you keep the gas records for a tax rebate?

After adding a lake house and jet ski this summer, I only went through two full tanks in the boat as our usage changed to be Wakeboarding and surfing only and hanging out. We used the jet ski for everything else...I lost track of how many times I filled that thing up.

I decided not to keep track this year, but I would estimate 3-4 tanks of gas. I was happy to see lower gas prices though!

I'm just going to guess and say 600ish gallons. I'll look next time I'm in the boat. I think there's a total gallons used.

Right at 100 hours for the season. We run the boat non stop for surfing. I didn't note the total gallons used this season but it wasn't cheap. But as @buckbuck said.....money well spent. We used the boat from April to mid October. To me, I'd rather do that any day vs. a short vacation that would only last a few days. Our second season with the boat was very successful! image.jpeg

65 days
266 hrs aboard
110.3 engine hours
32 fill ups
644 gallons
$2228
5.8 gal/hr
I use an app called boating suite.
Each time out I record engine hours, start time and end time.

65 days
266 hrs aboard
110.3 engine hours
32 fill ups
644 gallons
$2228
5.8 gal/hr
I use an app called boating suite.
Each time out I record engine hours, start time and end time.

That is a lot of usage out of a boat in MN. Good for you. I wish my schedule could accommodate it.

Shoot buck, I shoulda had you read mine on the Peoria run!
Not willing to drop the money on the software and such just yet.
I'm guessing I put like 20 hours on it this year. Not a whole lot of boating, but when we did go out, it was decent cruising.

Probably somewhere between 150 and 175, lost five or six weeks with our daughter's leg in cast:(. Need to get YDS and cable so I can start tracking hours. Also need to address the fuel sender/ethanol issue so my paranoid self can stop topping off tank before each outing.

Not enough, according to my Captain's log. Crap, may have only been out ten-eleven times this season. And of course, last run on Labor Day I didn't "stabilize" in the tank, thinking I'd get out on more time.....Now, I have to get out one more time so I can get some fuel stabilizer truly mixed into the guts, before I winterize. Gonna' be a cold run!

Second year with the lake house and the usage has dropped. I am always keeping her full but I would guess in total maybe 4 full tanks for the summer. I never tracked it closely since we just simply need to get gas to have the fun. We take her out during the winter as well, it is cool but so pretty. I like to run the boat some all year. We have been thinking of selling her since the kids are away and we just don't use her the way we used to. Great boat but a lot of boat for us two.

do you keep the gas records for a tax rebate
@Julian ... that is exactly what I do. But I also lump in what I use in the waverunner, golf cart and lawn mower. I usually get back about $100 a year. Forms are online and easy to fill out.

No tax rebate in IL. Just high taxes and poorly run government. I just extract the numbers from my budget.

Hi I pre buy $1000 in December for next season I get an extra $150. This was my first summer with this boat all I can say is wow. Can you say fuel savings over stern drive !!!!!!!! We used it more and have fuel credit sweeeet. I was shink wrapping it this weekend my wife came home from walk and asked if we were going to trade up? Happy wife happy life right?
Dana

Back