• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to adjust neutral so the boat wont creep in neutral???

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Hey just got a new to me 2012 Challenger 210SE/twin 430hp.

LOVE the boat (only went out for about 30 mins today as it started to rain).

question:I thought I read or saw in a video there is a way to adjust “neutral’ so that the boat won’t move from the control panel?

cannot seem to figure it out…..i assume since the scarab uses the same itc system maybe someone on here could chime in?

Thx

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
So I believe it's the same as the manual systems in Scarabs. But I've never looked at your type of boat. Assuming it is the same, look at this pic. Our reverse cable attaches to the bucket on the left side of the boat. If you follow it, you should see this.

1. Remove cotter pin.
2. Pull up on black plastic insert which positions the brass "nut" underneath it.
3. Pull up on the cable which will move the brass "nut" out of a hole.
4. Spin the brass nut X turns to adjust bucket height.

I believe it's counter-clockwise to make it go farther up. Clockwise to make it go more down. The goal is to have it high enough JUST to catch with the hook/spring combo (part 5) onto the little silver plate (part 6) on the left of the bucket called a Stop Pawl. If you can get this, you may still have a slight creep, but I wouldn't make it go any lower because it won't catch that anymore. That's when there's a risk of the bucket coming down suddenly. It can be very surprising...

1630807815145.png

1630807903649.png
1630808062765.png

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Wow…thank you Luc i really appreciate it!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Let me know if you have any follow up questions. One thing I forgot to mention, after spinning that brass nut, the hole in which it slots into (giggidy) will no longer align with it. You need to push/pull the rod so that it can get in there again and that can be quite difficult. I found it easier to loosen the 4 bolts that hold the bucket/nozzle assembly, hook the rod back on it and then tighten the bolts. At least that works for getting the rod to be "pushed" back towards the boat. Pulling I was generally able to do by hand.

In theory, if you have too much creep forward, thent your bucket is currently too high. So in your case, you'd need to spin the brass nut clockwise a turn, then pull on the rod to line it up with the hole, then test it out. Repeat as necessary while ensuring the bucket still latches to that stop pawl.