• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to enter “Float Mode” on 2019 212 Limited S?

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure I’m doing this the best way for the boat or the batteries. When we anchor I have both the start and house battery switches on and I keep both ignition keys in the on position. I don’t see float mode on the display. What’s the proper way to float and listen the the radio?

Thanks all!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I either leave 1 key on, or if they’re both already off then the Connext system will turn back on if you push one of the buttons on on the screen.
I leave both batteries on.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You should be able to just turn key off Leaving batteries on. Then power on your swim deck radio. Connext does not need to be on. At least that is how our 2020 195s is

Last edited:

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Turn the keys off so the fuel pumps aren’t energized then press a button on the connect screen.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No buttons to press on a 2019 dash. 1 key left on was the new float mode according to my dealer.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You should be able to just turn key off Leaning batteries on. Then power on your swim deck radio. Connext does not need to be on. At least that is how our 2020 195s is
I need to try this on mine. I never thought of that.

NJ-JetGuy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So if you just leave one key on, does the new screen say “float mode”?

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have one key. I leave it and both batteries on and with engines off - screen says Float Mode.

Operated this way all summer - no issues.
My 2015 works the same way.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With one key on your still energizing all the electrical for that engine. You should be able to do it with both keys off, you just have to deal with the annoying buzzer.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Bumping this thread - my 2020 doesn't automatically go into float mode once I kill the engines. Do I need to go back to the swim deck to power it on? I even did a word search on the 2020 manual for this boat and "float mode" isn't mentioned anywhere - did they remove it? Last weekend I turned one of the motors to "on" to be able to have tunes running. Kept both batteries on. Screen never stated "float mode" but it did switch the MPH to water temp.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bumping this thread - my 2020 doesn't automatically go into float mode once I kill the engines. Do I need to go back to the swim deck to power it on? I even did a word search on the 2020 manual for this boat and "float mode" isn't mentioned anywhere - did they remove it? Last weekend I turned one of the motors to "on" to be able to have tunes running. Kept both batteries on. Screen never stated "float mode" but it did switch the MPH to water temp.

On my 2020 195S when I turn the key off it kills everything. If I power the swim deck head unit back on it works no problem. Conext comes on as well. It never says float mode though like I've seen on older boats. I also have 3 batteries (2 sound system, 1 house) on a Perko switch though. So when we anchor out I switch batteries from "All" to "#1" (sounds system)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
On my 2020 195S when I turn the key off it kills everything. If I power the swim deck head unit back on it works no problem. Conext comes on as well. It never says float mode though like I've seen on older boats. I also have 3 batteries (2 sound system, 1 house) on a Perko switch though. So when we anchor out I switch batteries from "All" to "#1" (sounds system)
I'll try that this weekend. Kind of weird to power off the boat and then walk to the rear to turn it back on again, but whatever. Thanks!

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I leave 1 key on and it works just fine. Dont know any other way but there probably is 6 different ways to do it.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll try that this weekend. Kind of weird to power off the boat and then walk to the rear to turn it back on again, but whatever. Thanks!
We do it at the sand bar. So it's kinda on the way for us 😂😂

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We do it at the sand bar. So it's kinda on the way for us 😂😂
That's true - as it's too damn cold to get in the water yet, that hasn't been an option. Makes more sense now.

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We have a 2020 212s and I cannot figure out flog mode either, as in it never appears.

I’ll have to try turning the radio on from the rear.

Our experience so far is when we find a place to anchor and listen to the radio, the radio shuts off after a few min of I have both keys in the off position.
It isn’t clear from the manual how you’re supposed to set the boat up to shut the engines and float for a while.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We have a 2020 212s and I cannot figure out flog mode either, as in it never appears.

I’ll have to try turning the radio on from the rear.

Our experience so far is when we find a place to anchor and listen to the radio, the radio shuts off after a few min of I have both keys in the off position.
It isn’t clear from the manual how you’re supposed to set the boat up to shut the engines and float for a while.
I searched the manual for any mention of “float mode” and there’s nothing. I think they removed this for newer boats. Sand bar solutions: 1) turn one key to turn connext screen on. 2) power on at the stern remote. Both work fine.

Last edited:

foozed

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
That seemed to do the trick today! No float mode but all worked as expected. Can’t say if the battery drains faster or not but we didn’t hear any engine buzzing or electronics.