• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to find XM Radio ID on new 242 LS Connext??

TimBroom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have searched the manual, forums, google... and I seemed to have gone through the Connext system searching for radio ID in order to activate XM radio... each time I press the XM radio it stays for a couple seconds then returns to previous screen... any help is appreciated, I sincerely hope it is not an ID10T error...
Tim

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm sure somebody will post up the answer but I'll take a few guesses.

Press and hold xm button

Tune to channel 1 and look for ID on display

Look for sticker on xm box behind dash or in your boats paperwork.

TimBroom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow, I think you hit the nail on the head... the reason when I press the XM it would revert back to previous source is because it doesn't have the XM tuner....
Odd that a $60k board doesn't come with a $60 xm receiver... I will look in to this further and post an update ... Thanks!

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow, I think you hit the nail on the head... the reason when I press the XM it would revert back to previous source is because it doesn't have the XM tuner....
Odd that a $60k board doesn't come with a $60 xm receiver... I will look in to this further and post an update ... Thanks!
Definitely post your findings this is something I was also wondering about. Thanks for any info

Trm1765

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No XM?/??? My 2012 come with XM.. that's odd that they downgraded.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have not checked yet, but I am pretty sure the 2015's come with the receiver. @Williamsone46 , please confirm. Thanks

Kingsize

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have searched the manual, forums, google... and I seemed to have gone through the Connext system searching for radio ID in order to activate XM radio... each time I press the XM radio it stays for a couple seconds then returns to previous screen... any help is appreciated, I sincerely hope it is not an ID10T error...
Tim
Having the same issue. Going to call Yamaha and dealer tomorrow. Also did your boat come with an anchor?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Having the same issue. Going to call Yamaha and dealer tomorrow. Also did your boat come with an anchor?
@Kingsize ...........
Welcome. So glad you've joined us ! :Welcome:

KILLER boat you just purchased. What color did you choose ?

Yamahas do NOT come with anchors which are considered accessories. [flag]

Please don't forget to add in your specific location. That way we can better serve you.

Take care, and Please ! Have the BEST BOATING YEAR of your Life ! :winkingthumbsup"
Mikey Lulejian- Lake Oconee, GA

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did anyone get to the bottom of this do they have the receiver or do we have to add it?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did anyone get to the bottom of this do they have the receiver or do we have to add it?
Unfortunately, I have not retrieved Perfect Heaven II yet, so have not been able to verify. I thought one of the other 242 LS owners would have done so by now. I have a feeling I was wrong and I will have to purchase the receiver soon.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You are probably right all tho it is crazy to me that a boat that doesn't have a cd player or ipod dock would not be set up for xm.

Ronald Moore

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The boat does not have Xm..... You have to buy the adapter.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's ridiculous. I can buy a 20K car that's includes it and 6 months for free!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like people need to have the dealer throw the tuner in as a condition of sale, aka for free.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree that it is ridiculous and by the time time you buy and install the adapter, you are half way to just buying a better head unit that does include XM. Of course, with the Connext system, this becomes an entirely different discussion. I am a big fan of the improvements to the 2015 24' models, but lets add this to the list for the next revision.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree that it is ridiculous and by the time time you buy and install the adapter, you are half way to just buying a better head unit that does include XM. Of course, with the Connext system, this becomes an entirely different discussion. I am a big fan of the improvements to the 2015 24' models, but lets add this to the list for the next revision.
The head unit DOES include XM (XM ready). What is missing is the Receiver. Most marine stereos require a separate receiver that just plugs right in and usually has a Satellite antennae. The Polk unit that comes in the new 2015 is a great stereo. There are not many better options. Yamaha just chose not to include the XM receiver. I do not really have a problem with that, it just surprised me. All manufacturers have to decide what to include and exclude to keep the costs where they need them to be. Most consumers will say that it is just a $60 part, but the fact is those $60 parts add up quickly and next thing you know you are looking at a $70K boat. I constantly see people saying that Yamaha should have done this and done that, while saying the $60K price tag is too high. I really believe they did a great job of equipping the boat, while keeping the price down.