• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to fit AR240 trailer in garage?

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thinking about buying an AR240. Boat will probably be on a dock. Problem is I need to have the trailer (no boat) fit in a standard 3 car garage and still have room for 2 cars. Is this doable or will I have to look at the 21 or 19 ft boats? Thanks.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
are you trying to store the trailer in your garage ?

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh that is easy then. You buy 3 winches and place them stratigicaly ( like on a the 2 by 16) and you host up the trailer diagonally. Completely out of your way and you still have a 3 car garage. I light my jetski all the time and I do it with one winch ( or hoist I guess). I can send you pictures if you are having a hard time get the idea

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Oh that is easy then. You buy 3 winches and place them stratigicaly ( like on a the 2 by 16) and you host up the trailer diagonally. Completely out of your way and you still have a 3 car garage. I light my jetski all the time and I do it with one winch ( or hoist I guess). I can send you pictures if you are having a hard time get the idea
Interesting. I’d thought the trailer would be too big. Please send pictures.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope it will fit diagonally on a standard 2 car garage , so on 3 garage should be peace of cake. You might have to be a bit careful with the garage door openers but there is a solution if opener because an issue

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m in a similar situation for 2021 -> 2026. My garage is 2 car but it’s deep.

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m in a similar situation for 2021 -> 2026. My garage is 2 car but it’s deep.
The deeper the garage the easier it should be. I measured the AR240 trailer and with tongue folded it came out to 22 ft 6 inches. The length of my garage is 21 ft, from wall to garage door. Trying to figure out easiest way to make up that 18 inches.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The deeper the garage the easier it should be. I measured the AR240 trailer and with tongue folded it came out to 22 ft 6 inches. The length of my garage is 21 ft, from wall to garage door. Trying to figure out easiest way to make up that 18 inches.
This looks interesting....

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
so the video above has the general idea., but I would go with 3 hoists instead of single one. The reason is that you can control different angles independently.
there have been members here that have put their 240 on a standard 2 car garage. Mine is 21x19 and it fit the boat diagonally.

So the picture i send show my hoist that I use and the rail. I lift the ski at the front of the garage and then slide it to the back of the garage. I then let it rest on the platfrom I build for my bike and ski. I might make a video when I put the ski up for winter storage.

If you get the hoists placed at the conrner of your garage you dont have to worry if your attic can support $1,500lbs of steel of not. At the edge of the garage ( by the wall) the vertical 2x6 ( or 2x4) will carry the weight.

if you have the space on top of the attic, I would go up and run a (4x4) and bolt it with nut. If you do that the trailer is not going anywhere. It will look scare as Hell, but it is actually okay LOL