• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to get your 2016+ AR192 or AR195 in a garage less than 7'

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It would be interesting to know. I would like to ride in yours next time to hear the differences too.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well now I wanna go for a ride in the new boat too! :arghh:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bill D I'm going to try and make it to the Lake Martin event next month so you could check it out then. I'd like to see that heavily modded boat of yours and get to meet you guys. If not by then you can always find me on Mitchell if you want to try out a new lake sometime ;)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We plan to get over to Mitchell sometime too. It's been a crazy fast summer. Hopefully we can all get together at Martin in September.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We are planning to be at Martin. I told Jin that we would probably stay at the house with you guys if no one else wants to. The earliest we can come is Friday night and Les and Trent would need to leave early on Sunday for Trent's football practice Sunday afternoon. I want to give someone else the opportunity if they want to stay the whole time. Worst case will be there on Saturday.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh crap I just realized that is during the Bama / Ole Miss game. Depending on family plans that might affect me coming Saturday so I'd have to come Sunday. What time is checkout?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it is doable. "Where there's a will there's a way, right"!

Figured I would share in this forum section how to fit one of these boats into a garage that is less than 7'. My garage measures 83" at the opening but I had a 1" lip of concrete that is higher than my driveway, therefore making my actual clearance 82". If you tried a caster mod or floor jac + deflated the tires all the way + removed the tower nav light ....the boat still will not clear that opening!

So here is what you have to do:

This is VERY helpful. Thank you for taking the time to post it!!! I will be doing this within a week.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to help!

Jason Talley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not been able to find an answer to this question but I apologize if it has already been discussed.

Is there a way to completely remove this tower? I have a 2014 AR192 that fits in my garage with no issues. However, my neighbor just picked up a 2017 AR210 and his tower is preventing him from clearing the door. Even with the tower down, the back and mid section are higher than the windshield.

If we can remove the towner completely, it will fit by half an inch. It looks like there are some snap clips that hold the pivot rod in place. Anyone remove this tower yet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A HUGE HUGE HUGE Thank you to @haknslash !!!!!

I've been looking at Yamahas and researching for months now. The wife and I finally decided on a shorter boat with the premise of saving some cash and worry on offsite storage by keeping it in our garage. I really prefer the models with a tower so off I went to find a solution to get that into my garage. Like most of us I have an 83.5" opening into the garage, and needed the extra little bit of space to get the tower inside.

I found this thread, and video, and then reached out to Kenny with a few questions. He was super responsive, extremely helpful, and just generally a nice guy in his replies. With his information, the wife and I pulled the trigger on a 2017 AR190 yesterday. Should be taking delivery (and modifying the tower restraint cables) next Saturday!

Thanks again Kenny! You rock man!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A HUGE HUGE HUGE Thank you to @haknslash !!!!!

I've been looking at Yamahas and researching for months now. The wife and I finally decided on a shorter boat with the premise of saving some cash and worry on offsite storage by keeping it in our garage. I really prefer the models with a tower so off I went to find a solution to get that into my garage. Like most of us I have an 83.5" opening into the garage, and needed the extra little bit of space to get the tower inside.

I found this thread, and video, and then reached out to Kenny with a few questions. He was super responsive, extremely helpful, and just generally a nice guy in his replies. With his information, the wife and I pulled the trigger on a 2017 AR190 yesterday. Should be taking delivery (and modifying the tower restraint cables) next Saturday!

Thanks again Kenny! You rock man!
Glad to help anytime Mike. It's what we all try and do for each other on here. You and your wife will have a lot of fun and good times on your new Yamaha!

If you need any help or have other questions feel free to ask on here or you can always message me too. Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the jet boating family!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have not been able to find an answer to this question but I apologize if it has already been discussed.

Is there a way to completely remove this tower? I have a 2014 AR192 that fits in my garage with no issues. However, my neighbor just picked up a 2017 AR210 and his tower is preventing him from clearing the door. Even with the tower down, the back and mid section are higher than the windshield.

If we can remove the towner completely, it will fit by half an inch. It looks like there are some snap clips that hold the pivot rod in place. Anyone remove this tower yet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You removed the washers and it still wouldn't fit? With the tower washers removed the tower should sit inside the boat leaving the windshield as the highest surface.

Jason Talley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You removed the washers and it still wouldn't fit? With the tower washers removed the tower should sit inside the boat leaving the windshield as the highest surface.
This is an AR210 we are trying to fit. Yes, the cables have been removed and the front of the tower sits lower than the windshield. However on the 210, the back of the tower is higher than the window when lowered.

We want to remove the tower all together. That should make the window sit at 83.5" exactly. When the tires hit the floor lip, it will go up an inch making the boat sit at 84.5" but with some tire pressure adjustment we are pretty confident we can get it.

Looking to see if anyone has removed these towers?

Looks like a snap clip removed is needed to pull the hinge rod.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Whoops didn't catch he had an AR210.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I finally got around to installing and taking some pictures of the tower adjuster. I will update this post to the first page in case any newcomers come across the thread.

I made some extensions so that I can adjust exactly how low I want the tower to sit inside the boat. I went with a long bolt than necessary as it helps when I comes time to getting your arm up in there to there into the threaded coupler. I went went with all stainless hardware. The thread is 1/4-20. Use blue loctite to hold everything together once you're ready and have your desired spacing.

Here is the stainless threaded coupler. Half gets threaded into the tower cable and the other half the bolt and washer assembly threads into.

Here is the setup I use for the extension. This allows you to lock on the desired position.

With the adjustment nut spacing amount shown above this allows me to get the tower very close to the steering wheel in the tilted up position which gives you the lowest possible height.

Last edited:

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This is an AR210 we are trying to fit. Yes, the cables have been removed and the front of the tower sits lower than the windshield. However on the 210, the back of the tower is higher than the window when lowered.

We want to remove the tower all together. That should make the window sit at 83.5" exactly. When the tires hit the floor lip, it will go up an inch making the boat sit at 84.5" but with some tire pressure adjustment we are pretty confident we can get it.
Look for videos on YouTube about flipping the axles on the trailer. If the axles are mounted to the bottom of the leaf springs, then you can flip them over to the top side of the leaf springs and gain about 4". My Regal's trailer is built this way and it shouldn't hurt the trailer any.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another quality post by @hacknslash!

I bring my new AR190 home on Saturday. I'm ordering the below parts from McMaster-Carr today to make sure I have them on hand to make this mod happen.

(2) - 90104A005 - 316 Stainless Steel Coupling Nut, Super-Corrosion-Resistant, 1/4"-20 Thread Size (each) - $3.01
(1) - 92185A519 - Super-Corrosion-Resistant 316 Stainless Steel Socket Head Screw, 1/4"-20 Thread Size, 3" Long, Fully Threaded (5 Pack) - $9.27
(1) - 91850A029 - 316 Stainless Steel Extra-Wide Hex Nut, Super-Corrosion-Resistant, 1/4"-20 Thread Size (50 Pack) - $7.27
(1) - 1810A315 - Threadlocker, Loctite® 220, 0.34 oz. Bottle - $13.95

Total cost (minus shipping) is $36.51

You can probably get these cheaper at the local home center/hardware store. I work for a company with a corporate account at McMaster so it's super easy for me to get these to show up on my desk. I also prefer the 316 SS material over the "stainless" that you get out of the boxes at most hardware stores.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another quality post by @hacknslash!

I bring my new AR190 home on Saturday. I'm ordering the below parts from McMaster-Carr today to make sure I have them on hand to make this mod happen.

(2) - 90104A005 - 316 Stainless Steel Coupling Nut, Super-Corrosion-Resistant, 1/4"-20 Thread Size (each) - $3.01
(1) - 92185A519 - Super-Corrosion-Resistant 316 Stainless Steel Socket Head Screw, 1/4"-20 Thread Size, 3" Long, Fully Threaded (5 Pack) - $9.27
(1) - 91850A029 - 316 Stainless Steel Extra-Wide Hex Nut, Super-Corrosion-Resistant, 1/4"-20 Thread Size (50 Pack) - $7.27
(1) - 1810A315 - Threadlocker, Loctite® 220, 0.34 oz. Bottle - $13.95

Total cost (minus shipping) is $36.51

You can probably get these cheaper at the local home center/hardware store. I work for a company with a corporate account at McMaster so it's super easy for me to get these to show up on my desk. I also prefer the 316 SS material over the "stainless" that you get out of the boxes at most hardware stores.
Yup my work also has an account through McMaster Carr and that is the same 7/8" length coupler I used.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yup my work also has an account through McMaster Carr and that is the same 7/8" length coupler I used.
Can you measure the bottom of your tower base and tell me how long it is, as well as a measurement from the end of the window to the start of your tower.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length