• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to setup a grill on SX190

csolas

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all,

Wondering best way to mount a grill on the sx190? I wonder if the anchor light hole can be used? Where else can it be mounted to? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all,

Wondering best way to mount a grill on the sx190? I wonder if the anchor light hole can be used? Where else can it be mounted to? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
I wouldn’t use the anchor light hole. If I was going to do a grill, i would find a way to put it on the swim deck like the 21 and 24ft Yamahas.

I also want to share my grilling experience.. I was undecided about buying an expensive grill for the boat. This weekend we grilled on the beach for 8 people .. no boat grill will feed that many people. Yesterday I bought a $50 charcoal grill that is massive. I think it will fit in the ski locker and I can cook for at least 10+. So if we’re grilling, we will pull on to a beach and set up the charcoal. If we’re not grilling then we’ll buy sandwiches from the deli.

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I considered the same thing for my SX210. Was concerned about grease splashing on my platform so opted for a portable Napoleon grill from Costco. Being portable, we usually setup on a beach somewhere and feed everyone. When we plan to eat on the water, we pack sandwiches and other snacks.

Diana24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found this video on youtube of an sx190 setup. I dont kno if this person is on this forum or not but i thought it was a pretty good idea with what he did with the cupholder in the back.

Diana24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Amazon.com: Mate Series Plastic 15 Rod Cup Holder - Drain - Round Top - Black [P1015DB]: Automotive

HERE THE LINK FOR AMAZON FOR THE CUPHOLDER.. ILL BE TRYING THIS ON MY AR190 :)

AND HERES THE VIDEO LINK OF HIM TALKING ABOUT IT
Great video. These cup / rod holders seam very handy. I plan to use them for flag poles. Here in Texas, us freshwater guys love our flag displays, and i was wondering how to "fly" them on my 2019 (new to me) SX190 - Thank you!! Aloha Ya'll !!

Last edited:

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Aloha,

Some of those posts with Vids are mine.

I've been using the Magma Kettle for years and it's the best.

I use it primarily off the swim platform port side cup holder which was turned into a fishing rod holder.

Magma stuff is not inexpensive but it's engineered to fit and it works.

Aside from the Kettle Grill, you'll need that angled goose neck to make everything work snugly.

Under heavy winds I've even take the grill into the boat and "mounted" it in the seat tube of the passenger chair which can be lifted off and stowed forward. I'm a bit hard core when dining on board so the wind was not going to prevent a good dinner and I've got it down to a science now when that happens.

I've considered drilling into the boat and using a gunnel mount but the 19's even though the feel "big" are skinny on available space to set up a grill and still allow safe movement through the boat so the rear deck and rod holder was the perfect solution.

- scott

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good looking set up. Nothing like being able to enjoy grilling out while on board. You'll love it.

For out here there's probably too much wind for a forward mounted unit and I know for sure that I'd spill something on the cushions or drop it in the drink. Watch out for splattering on that nice new finish.