• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How to winterize?

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone got a step-by-step YouTube video for beginners on how to winterize and/or dewinterize your boat?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here's a good guide from Leon Adler Winterization NY Style he is a funny guy but informative I have used his oil change video for a reference.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Irial29

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks!
Looks like he put a video up on de-wintering by as well

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wow. I did not realize "winterization" was that labor intensive. Probably gets quicker with time/repetition, i'm hoping

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
wow. I did not realize "winterization" was that labor intensive. Probably gets quicker with time/repetition, i'm hoping
Depends on where you are.

I basically just rev mine a few times and toss it in the garage after a good cleaning and running the final two tanks of fuel through with Stabil in it. I don't fog the cylinders, I don't lube the snot out of the trailer, don't mess with the bilge pump at all. Don't run anti-freeze through the cooling system, change the plugs or the oil.......BUT my boat is in a partially insulated attached garage, and I'm in the southeast.