• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hub temps wonky.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I just towed my boat home for the first time.
It's a 2011 AR240, front axle is 100F, rear is 151F. Same on both sides. The original tires were warn way more in the back ( I put new tires on before heading home thanks to this forum. Discount tire matched Goodyear Endurance D1 205/75r14's down to match the carlisle radial HD price...).

On the highway at 65/70 mph i felt a good bumping/vibration. The rotors were in the 240 degree range.
Could this mean the brakes are staying activated when I am moving down the road?

The rear bearing buddies are popping outward from the hub center.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/n4SsotAUfAPWGQbn1

Attachments

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like your brakes are hanging up. They probably need to be taken apart, the rust cleaned off all parts, lubricated and reinstalled. Even if your brakes are in perfect work order, those hubs will be a little higher in temp than non-brake hubs because disc brakes always drag a little.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had similar symtoms last year. Bearing buddy popping out, losing the cap and slinging grease all over the rim and tire. Diagnosis was a frozen/stuck caliper. I ordered a new caliper and replaced it. Good since.
20170510_083837.jpg
20170510_083759.jpg
20170518_181215.jpg
A c-clamp could not compress the piston.