• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hulk smash

208lakebound

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hey I was wondering if there was anyway to modify my ls2000 to handle the oncoming wakes from other boats when they hit its like a sunami is occurring underneath. Also modifications to have a bigger wave to surf. Thank you

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The LS2000 has a relatively flat hull which makes it crazy fast and agile but it takes wake poorly. Your best solution is to take the wake at an angle that is advantageous for you. Try taking them at 45 degree angles.

208lakebound

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Thank you! Is there anything I can do for a surf able wave off the back?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I know of people wake boarding behind LS2000 / LX210 / AR210s but I am not aware of anyone surfing. I am sure you can surf with a rope but am not optomistic about ropeless.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have tried using 700 pounds of ballast and it creates a better wave for wakeboarding but is not surfable. Like other set ups I am sure you would need more like 2000 pounds of ballast. I am sure it is doable I just don't think I will pursue getting another 1300 pounds of ballast.

Wakes are hard on the ls2000 but not bad if you are sitting in the rear. The front bow is not usable in 1 + foot waves.

Other bigger yamahas, while they take wake better, they are still light boats and not going to handle as well as the other heavier I/o boats.

M@__

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Or, just slow down to around 15mph... That brings the front up some and increases fuel consumption.

The good thing about the boat is that it's pretty fast, so just slow down for the waves and then launch it. More fun that way too.