• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

hull change?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So was at my local dealer today asking about the 2015's of coarse they didn't have any and told me they have delayed sending out the 15's and didn't know when they would get them sounds like a ploy to sell the older models to me. They tried to tell me they changed the hull from 2013 to 2014 on the 24ft models is this correct? I thought there was a difference in the 2015 from the 2014 but he told me no same exact hull and design just the other change but for some reason I though i saw that the 2015 was supposed to have a little deeper hull and cockpit and seating area anyone know the truth on this?

Last edited:
Kind of what i though as well even on the spec sheet it shows the 15's are 6 inches longer and i don't notice any differences in the 13 to 14

So was at my local dealer today asking about the 2015's of coarse they didn't have any and told me they have delayed sending out the 15's and didn't know when they would get them sounds like a ploy to sell the older models to me. They tried to tell me they changed the hull from 2013 to 2014 on the 24ft models is this correct? I thought there was a difference in the 2015 from the 2014 but he told me no same exact hull and design just the other change but for some reason I though i saw that the 2015 was supposed to have a little deeper hull and cockpit and seating area anyone know the truth on this?

This is absolutely incorrect. The hull changed with the 2015 model year. The most recent prior change was the 2010 model year when the 240 series replaced the 230 series.

Looks like that dealer is giving you, what we call in jersey...."The Hucklebuck"

Sounds like they are overstocked on prior year models and need to free up their credit line in order to get the 2015's. They should have some nice discounts for the 2014's.

Dealer is full of BS. . . . . Call him on it.

The importance of the dealer is not the PRE-SALE environment. We do however, all enjoy and appreciate a good "price."

However,
the REAL VALUE of a boat dealer is POST sale. How and when and iff he can take care of you after monies have exchanged hands.

Since this dealer is so EXTREMELY clueless about what he is selling, it is quite apparent he has ZERO idea of how to negotiate with a boat manufacturer to help you out in case anything happens.

And as so many have already written .......... Regardless of his quoted price(s) ... and geographical location to you,
find a dealer who cares a great deal more about TAKING CASE OF YOU AFTER THE SALE @!

Good Luck, take care, and please do keep us posted as to the direction you take.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

@GTBRMC & @geiger41 and @Murf'n'surf :
Take their comments to the bank. Time, to as they say, ...... "to move on." LOL ~!

Last edited:
@Murf'n'surf yeah they still had 2 2013's in stock even but only one 14 24ft AR. This dealer down here sucks I going to wait till boat show season and go to the Atlanta or Charleston boat show and see what they have.

@Murf'n'surf yeah they still had 2 2013's in stock even but only one 14 24ft AR. This dealer down here sucks I going to wait till boat show season and go to the Atlanta or Charleston boat show and see what they have.
There is a good dealer here outside of Columbia and is typically at the the boat show which is normally in February, checkout Captain's Choice Marine http://www.ccmarine.com/

LOL...2015 hull is completely different from 2014.

My dealer here in Kennesaw has two 2015s if you want to see them.

Wow. I didn't think they had the Gaul to lie like that.

Not good to lie to make a sale....but maybe the sales guy was brand new and was just making it up as he went along? I've been to dealers where the sales guy know literally NOTHING about their boats...

@Julian Yeah this guy wasn't new I bought a jet ski from this dealership in the spring and he was the sales rep then has been there at least a year or more. Not sure if he intentional lied or just didnt know what he was talking about but none the less i wont be buying anything else from this dealership and may not take my boat, jet ski or motorcycles there anymore for service lost complete confidence in them as he started to talk. I was pretty sure he was wrong as he started to tell me this but started to think i was off LOL. One of the reasons I was looking at the 15 was for a deeper hull so I will keep looking just sucks there are no other dealers with in almost 100 miles even for service.

You. Would get a killer deal on a 13. It I understand, the 15's are out so why not. Lol

I bought a car from CarMax in 2013 in February then a few months later the same guy that helped me at CarMax was in the both selling Cobalt boats at the boat show haha. He didnt know anything about the car that I bought or the boats he was selling lol.

Back