• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Humility

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
del

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is where cleaning the guns could be a great bonding experience with her new bf :D

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Stay on the daughters good side. She can manipulate that big hunk into a big old teddy bear and use that to your advantage. SHE is your leverage.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Throw the kid a shotgun shell. Tell him it travels a lot faster after 11pm. ;)

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ha! I can relate to this.
My 17yo daughters boyfriend is 1 of the star HS football players. He’s 17, 6’5” and 300 lbs.
I’m 5’8” and 185 lbs.

I’d have to take out a knee.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@djetok you could always try this

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dude been there done that. My daughter dated a 6'9" kid that got a full ride to Georgetown. I'm 6'5" and rarely feel intimidated, this kid would come over and I'm like, "good lord this kid is huge!"

And oh, BTW, I did use the shotgun shell anecdote when they went to prom. I tossed him the 12 ga. shell and said the next one is going to come a lot faster if ya'll aren't home by ####

I've also been known to setup my AR-10 with it's bipod on the dinning room table on a cleaning pad when the boys would come over. Even though it was already clean, they didn't know that!!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with @Speedling for the most part. A little subtle or passive aggressive intimidation does not hurt while being friendly though. A quick bend over to pick something up off the floor right in front of him to “accidentally” make your t shirt ride up over a small of back carry pistol conveys enough along with a standing straight up and close looking right in the eyes get her home safe by x o'clock.

I did like this sceen from Den of Theives even better than the one from Bad Boys. I would have had that girl home an hour early.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree with @Speedling for the most part. A little subtle or passive aggressive intimidation does not hurt while being friendly though. A quick bend over to pick something up off the floor right in front of him to “accidentally” make your t shirt ride up over a small of back carry pistol conveys enough along with a standing straight up and close looking right in the eyes get her home safe by x o'clock.

I did like this sceen from Den of Theives even better than the one from Bad Boys. I would have had that girl home an hour early.

OMG that is awesome! Never seen that movie.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep this going guys! I’m watching this thread - I am a 5’9” with 3 teenage daughters in the house... I can use any help I can get, lolol.
How does one bring up one’s power lifting in a conversation, I mean without sounding too stupid.
:D

Thank God the last one dating was a cross country runner. But my luck may run out.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When my daughter's used to go out with their dates I would walk them to the door and look at them both and just say, "don't make a life and don't take a life"....basically don't do anything stupid, okay...

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My daughter is dating a kid that's a bit over my 5'10" and rather athletic in build. Add to that the fact that he did pretty well for himself in high-school wrestling - rarely losing a match.

I, on the other hand, am famous for once fighting my way out of a wet paper sack with only a minimal amount of assistance.

I realized early on that this could be an issue with boyfriends, so I developed "the stairs rule" for which I am now famous. We have a two-story home and the bedrooms are on the second floor. The rules go like this: When boyfriend steps on the first step, I get my gun. "When boyfriend steps on the second step, I load my gun. We won't talk about what happens on the 3rd step."

Like most boyfriends in the presence of their girlfriend's parents, he was always pretty quiet. Sitting on the couch, speaking politely when spoken too, but otherwise letting my daughter dictate the conversation.

One day when I first got my CCW he was coming out of his shell a bit. He got of the couch and stood on the second step saying "Looks like you've got to go down to your gun safe!" Without looking up from the book I was reading I said "No, I'm covered." I think he made it from the stairs back to the couch without touching the floor.

Now, here's the REALLY funny part. He was at the house this year on Christmas Eve. Every year on Christmas Eve, one of our traditions is to put Baby Jesus in the Manger. As there are no less than 7 Manger scenes in our house, this job needs to be done in nearly every room - including bedrooms. He refused to come upstairs unless I wrote him a "hall pass" specifying that he was allowed to be upstairs (with date and times) and then signed it.

Later, he sent a picture of it to several of their mutual friends - who were very impressed and commented that I must like him a lot.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My daughter dates a well know NBA player. For real, he's 6'9". Nice guy but someone I look up to. :) My daughter is 20 yrs old. so she's old enough (out of the house) to make her own decisions.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol @biglar155 I also can kick that paper sack's _ss! lol @ the "stairs rule" :cool:

I think the big problem is we dance around nature.... because Surviving, and reproducing is why were here.. the second will almost always overrule the first. lol Strip away society's political and religious rules, and that is what we would do. eat and ____

Case in point My cousin and his friend were out walking some woods, hunting. They came across a doe and buck pair... They were within 10 yards of them, and even made eye contact. The Buck still did his thing!!. they shot them both. i guess if you have to die, thats not a bad way to go... lol I'm saying. We could scare young men with intimidation tactics all we want, but if the girl is receptive, and she feels safe, its GOING to happen, they'll find a way. Don't kid yourself....We've all been there and Made poor decisions in this respect. bahahahah

Case in point #2. Junior year... I showed up to pick up a young lady, we had gone out before a few times....This particular time, her dad showed me his gun collection, pulled a shotgun off the wall, cleaned it then loaded it and said "this shell has your name on it if you hurt my daughter":oops: now, I was a pretty respectful kid, never pushing boundaries, especially with young women...what he was insinuating I might do, wouldnt even compute for me. So, you Know what thought I had at the time.....? It was Only a VERY SMALL amount of fear. I certainly wasn't shaking in my boots or anything. it was mostly "well this guys bat$hit crazy, I actually feel bad for his daughter for living with him" lol she was actually steering the ship so-to-speak.... so like the deer, We still made 'it' happen later on. I was just extra careful, because I wanted NO ties with that guy... and....down the road, that moment was still stuck in my head. when there was a fork in that road. We split, and I was NOT sad, because i remembered how crazy her dad was... no pun intended here, but, it turns out I 'dodged that bullet'. She ended up in multiple abusive relationships, her dad went to jail for awhile for the same thing. So in my experience, i say its important to BE the man you want your daughter to look for, not ONLY intimidate their suitors. And even more importantly, to be the man you want your sons to be. But I TOTALLY get it. A lot of young men aren't like me, and don't have the same set of moral rules I do, or did.... so if i had daughters.... *cocks gun* LMAO

I regularly warn my boys, both within the age range this subject becomes relevant, of reality. I think of it as a Triangle of Respect, compassion, and Knowledge. Have all 3 nobody should get hurt. And NO subject is off limits at the dinner table.... I'd rather them learn the disgusting rules of nature instead of finding out later when its too late, because of the thin veil of society's or even religious rules making us afraid to talk about it. I also think its a good idea for young men and women to watch a live birth, then, have to stay with new parents full time for awhile. The responsibility we carry in our pants is heavy LOL

sorry so long, we just had one of those conversations the other day and its fresh in my mind.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
As a father of 2 daughters, I've always lived by the following advice I recieved years ago.

With a son, you only have to worry about one penis, with a girl, you must worry about them all.

And just a quick fact to remember when fighting off boyfriends...... it only takes 7lbs to break the clavicle (collarbone), and if they can't lift their arms, they can't hit you back.