• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Humminbird HDR650 - Replacement for Norcross Depth Gauge

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I bought my SX230 the depth gauge did not work.

To stick with the OEM look I ordered a new one with the temperature display added.

Despite replacing the gauge and transducer it did not work consistently and seemed to never have a reading when I needed it.

I previously installed a Humminbird HDR-650 in my LX210. It always worked, read shallower depths and it had an offset adjust for the depth so that you could have an true depth reading.

I upgraded to a Raymarine Dragonfly in my SX230 and replaced the Norcross unit with a voltage gauge.

But, in hindsight, if I wanted to stick to the factory location I would buy the HDR650 instead of another Norcross.

This is what the HDR650 looks like. It would not be a prefect match but it works!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce This season my stock depth gage is acting up sometimes. Im thinking of replacing it. So your post is very well timed.
What year was your sx? I have an 07 ar230...would this fit in the same spot as the stock one without modifications.?
Also the new transducer worked well from the previous stock location?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Lspeedss, I installed the humminbird in my LX210 where it worked perfectly. The gauge uses the same size hole and I mounted the transducer in the same place that it is mounted on the SX230.

On my SX230 I installed a Raymarine Dragonfly for the navigational capabilities. I have tried two Raymarine transducers. It provides an accurate depth reading below 30 MPH. Above 30 I use the charts to stay in the deep water.

Last edited:

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Lspeedss, I installed the humminbird in my LX210 where it worked perfectly. The gauge uses the same size hole and I mounted the transducer in the same place that it is mounted on the SX230.

On my SX230 I installed a Raymarine Dragonfly for the navigational capabilities. I have had difficulties with it but Raymarine sent me a new transducer that I installed this morning.
@Bruce what issues are you having? Maybe I can help. I got mine to work great. Feel free to PM me if you want to bounce ideas around.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@steined, on the Dragonfly the navigation portion worked great but the transducer and power cable combination stopped supplying power at the filter block. I removed the filter block but lost the transducer functionality at that point. I installed a new transducer cable and plan to test it out tomorrow. I have read about other transducer issues with the Dragonfly. I believe I was just unlucky.

The new transducer fixed it.

Last edited: