• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hurricane Michael JetboatPilot Employees Displaced

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey everyone, I caught up with Will yesterday to see how him, his family and the business fared during the recent Hurricane Michael. While Will and his family are fine (They evacuated and their home did not have much damage), the same cannot be said for 4 of their employees that lost just about everything. Additionally, one of those employees was just dealing with a wife that suffered a broken arm in a car accident a week ago, so they are receiving a double dose.

Since the JetboatPilot facility has been damaged and has no power for the foreseeable future, these employees will be trying to get back on there feet while not being able to work. I do know that JetboatPilot is planning to pay their employees for the next couple of weeks, but as a small business, I cannot see them being to sustain that much past a couple weeks.

I don't know about you, but I think Will and his team at JetboatPilot have done a lot to help the jetboaters community over the years and I would like to see what we can do (as a community) to help the employees out in this time.

I have started a GoFundMe campaign to raise funds for the 4 employees. The money collected will go directly to these 4 employees and not JetboatPilot. Please consider making a donation to this campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/yvgn4-hurricane-michael-relief-fund&rcid=r01-153955306011-e0c4796adacf4bbc&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

39169.jpeg

Thanks,
OperationROL

JDRacing

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you for doing this @OperationROL. I've placed 3 orders with JBP over the past two months and the qualtiy of support, from Carrie in sales to the folks in tech support, has been outstanding. Will clearly partners with qualtiy people and it's tragic to see this happen to four of them.

I'm in.

Jeff

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I'm also in! Best wishes to all the JBP family!! But my "Best Wishes" don't make as big of a difference as some $$$. I hope my little donation (along with others in the Jet Boat Community) make a big difference to the families that need it!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can we do a banner on the site for this? Also after donation reply to bump thread to top. @OperationROL thanks for setting this up. It may help to post this on the most recent seadeck group buy thread too for those members who are not as active but have experienced the great customer service.

In regards to possible revenue generation from ads as discussed in the last staff meeting this would be the kind of thing I would support that money going to. I know setting up and managing even a small non-profit club requires extra work but here is a good case for that. Of course with funds remaining after operating costs are covered. Not saying I want to see intrusive ads but if can be unobtrusive I would be all for it if excess funds are used for things like this or swag.

Best of luck to those 4 folks getting life back in order.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Donated

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Donated

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Come on guys. Only the cost of a case of beer or two.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you are active on social media, considering Tweeting, posting on Facebook, Instagram, etc. to get the word out about this.

Edit: Donated and spread the word via social media

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
done

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you so much guys and gals! A big thanks the Neil!

I think most of these guys are getting the run around from FEMA right now so not sure if any other form of help is possible in the short term.

We're hopeful if we can get them some that they'll come back to work instead of moving to a new city to find other work.

Thanks again every one! Pray, please pray for them. I cant imagine what they're going through right now....sad

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Where are the employees now?
Living in hotels or did they find relatives?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's a bit of both. Some are with friends helping others since they have no homes to go to. Some are evacuated and staying with us in Orlando. Some are with family out of state.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length