• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Hydro Turf on the Anchor locker hatch & step

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ordered some Turf and put it on my anchor locker hatch and step.
20140430_180854.jpg

Did you buy a sheet and cut it yourself?

Ohhhh, I'm liking the white!

Funny you posted @Williamsone46 , I just ordered the step, the cockpit seat/step, and the walk thru pad to keep someone from stepping on the high gelcoat in the walk thru...got them from Jetboatpilot in the stock "mocha brown" color! I should get them in a couple of days. But I have to change out my hydro-turf as it is chalking.

Consider the competing product by blacktip Mel. I think it is almost identical to hydroturf but at half the cost for the kit with adhesive backing anyway and it comes with more parts for otherwise uncovered areas. However I don't think that it comes in the stock mocha brown color but if it comes with parts to replace those you just bought it wouldn't matter.

Be careful with the BlackTip stuff. We sold it for a little while and had serious inconsistency issues with color and patterns. The material is definitely on the economy side. Lower price equals lower quality.

Thanks for the warning Will. I kinda got that feeling while comparing prices. Have you seen the Elite product?

I saw a picture in the catalog but not on the website. They are going to have to be careful when getting into the two tone game. There are lots of hurdles when transitioning to a CNC engraved part vs a simple line cut with a knife. Their materials will have to be much higher quality than what they have now if they're going to compete.

We'll have to see if they can do it well.

Did you buy a sheet and cut it yourself?
Yea I just got a sheet and traced out the pattern and cut it myself. I actually got it back in 2012 and just didn't get to it until now. I would get it through jetboatpilot.com now that they have it pre cut.

Back