• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

HydroHoist E series

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

Looks like my number finally came up for a slip at Cross Timbers on Skiatook Lake. Now I need to decide on a lift. Going to go w/ HydroHoist since that's what the marina sells and I gotta support local (they are made just up the road from me).

I'm familiar w/ the standard 2 pontoon style (UltraLift) but now they have a single large box version called the E Series. It is WAY cheaper than the traditional. I can get a 6,000# E series for like $150 more than a 4,400# traditional.

Anyone used the E Series? Any reason to avoid it?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a shallow draft setup which are wider and shallower than the regular floats. I installed it myself and it was nice being able to walk side to side. I can’t speak for the E series itself. Have you looked for used at all sometimes you can find a newer one at a good price.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the note! The marina doesn't have any used ones available and it would be a challenge for me to move a used one. The marina is a dealer so they will do the install and everything onto their own docks, deal with any challenges, etc.

I figure the single block design should be fine as other hoist manufacturers have been doing it that way for a while now.

Venkman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new slip, I also keep my boat at crosstimbers. I have seen several of the new style hydrohoists out there this year already. Everyone there is always very nice, but sometimes you have to stay on them to get things done. You might check craigslist, I have found that some people especially this time of year because the contracts are up at the end of March, list them on craigslist already installed in the slips. I bought mine several years ago from a guy at crosstimbers and just paid the marina to move it to different slip.

You are going to really appreciate the convience of having your boat out there already on the water. This will be our 7th year and although it is expensive its one expense the wife doesn't seem to mind as it save the trouble of the boat ramp.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks! Yeah, we are looking forward to having the boat always ready to go. Joining the conga line at the ramp to launch and retrieve got old fast. Now we will just need to pack a cooler and grab some towels before we head out. Plus we can stay out later as we can dock closer to dark.

How is the restaurant there at the marina?

Venkman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The restaurant was good the last two years, but unfortunately the flooding we had last summer and the slow time in the winter resulted in them closing. Its really unfortunate since the owner was a local person and had some good food and service. The restaurant that opened two weeks ago is new, so I haven't tried it yet. I have been told by a friend who lives above the marina that it is good.

If you have any questions about the marina or the area ( i grew up about 5 miles from the lake) let me know.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks! I'm from Tulsa, but grew up sailing on Ft. Gibson. Spent 16 years in San Francisco, then moved back a few years ago. Skiatook is our closest lake, and one of my wife's cousins had their boat at Cross Timbers for a few years. Last Fall we trailered from the house to Tall Chief.

Do you have any recos for good, calm, spots for watersports? Last year we just came out of Tall Chief and hooked a hard left, ran South down towards Red Castle. I know it depends on which way the wind is blowing but curious if there are better, calmer, spots.

Venkman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That area you are talking about is locally referred as the boy scout pond. Until a few years ago there was a large boy scout camp located in the area of Red Castle gun club and that pond had been there way before the lake. Its a great location, probably the best area when the wind is up, but it gets a little shallow, and can be fairly busy with wakeboard boats on the weekends.

Depending on the wind and water traffic we try to go to the area just south of Osage Park (the boat ramp east of the causeway and west of Crystal Bay marina). It gives a good deeper area away from the south wind. Only downside is people like to anchor out along that shore. If there is a problem with the lake its all the good places for wakeboarding are also the places people like to raft up or anchor.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the tips! We haven't actually gone through that little breakwater into the "pond" area. We've stayed in the channel just to the North of it. It was late season (we didn't get the boat until after Labor Day) so it wasn't crowded. I see the area you're talking about near Osage Park. Will check it out!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That area you are talking about is locally referred as the boy scout pond. Until a few years ago there was a large boy scout camp located in the area of Red Castle gun club and that pond had been there way before the lake. Its a great location, probably the best area when the wind is up, but it gets a little shallow, and can be fairly busy with wakeboard boats on the weekends.

Depending on the wind and water traffic we try to go to the area just south of Osage Park (the boat ramp east of the causeway and west of Crystal Bay marina). It gives a good deeper area away from the south wind. Only downside is people like to anchor out along that shore. If there is a problem with the lake its all the good places for wakeboarding are also the places people like to raft up or anchor.
I grew up there too graduated in 1989
E side of the island was where we ski on windy days. Raft up on the west side of the island.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The restaurant was good the last two years, but unfortunately the flooding we had last summer and the slow time in the winter resulted in them closing. Its really unfortunate since the owner was a local person and had some good food and service. The restaurant that opened two weeks ago is new, so I haven't tried it yet. I have been told by a friend who lives above the marina that it is good.

If you have any questions about the marina or the area ( i grew up about 5 miles from the lake) let me know.
Just a quick update, but our boat is now home at Cross Timbers. We tried out the restaurant on Saturday and everyone in the family gave it 2 thumbs up. So if you're ever out there definitely stop by.

Water was too cold for water sports or swimming but we had a great post-winter shake-down run. Will put all the above advice to good use once the water warms up!