• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrolocked 2019 Scarab 300 Rotax

Rbreaux

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I need advice and input. Sucked up tow rope 30 minutes from a marina. Cut some out from water. Creeped into marina going 5mph 2 hour trip. No warning, no ruff sounding engine or overheating. Left boat at dock over night. Next morning, boat was lifted out of water, cleaned and improperly flushed by marina staff ( left hose running at commercial pressure without running engine) while cleaning boat. The boat then placed on dry dock so I could cut the rope out. The rope was around shaft and I cut it out. The boat placed back in water to find it was hydrolocked. Could I have done it by driving it with the rope?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Oh, man that sucks!!! No, that would do damage to the boot nothing to the engine. Flushing without the engine running IMO would be the culprit. Flushing is meant to clean out salt/crappy water from the exhaust chamber. If the engine is not running and with enough water it will fill the engine with water. Sorry that happened to you but seems like the marina is at fault.

Rbreaux

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Man, I appreciate the help! I was not sure if there was a seal the rope could have messed up. I need to name this boat snack bit. You could literal hear water sloshing when I tried to start it.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
NO you did not hydrolocked the engine wile running, flushing the exhaust system without running the engine is definitely the reason of the hydrolock. No doubt in my mind