• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydroport 2 Floating docks...anyone have experience with?

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I picked a pair of these up, cheap at the beginning of the season. They sank during hurricane Sandy, and haven't been used since. Pressure washed them, put them up on wood blocks, filled them with water, and found small hairline cracks in the same spots on both docks. Did some research, found they had a bad run of these, that all leaked. One fix, was to have them foam filled. I had a guy look at them. He said he could fill them both for $300, so I said go ahead. 2 days later, he hadn't done the work, and had suddenly changed his price, saying he severely underestimated the amount of material. He now wanted $800 each. IMO, he knew from our discussion, how much I paid for these, and seen online how much they cost new, so he wanted to get more money out of me.
Anyway, I plastic welded the hairline cracks, filled them with water and let them sit a few days. They did not leak. I installed them on my dock back in May, and have been using them without incident, since.
Well, this past weekend, we had some bad storms, and I noticed one was sitting a little lower. The next day, both docks were under water. I had to pull the skis and pump the water out of the docks. I pulled a dock out, flipped it over, and found hairline cracks in the plastic weld. I have since silicone it, and put it back in but haven't put a ski on it yet. They only take on water, when skis are on, because the place they cracked, is high up and not under water when no weight is on the dock. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these, or can offer a permanent solution to stopping a water leak. TIA

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ar240owner did a repair on his camper water tank and I think it has been holding great. He said that the chemicals he used got the plastic real hot ( not a plastic welder ) to turn the plastic back into a state to where it can bond again and reform. I tagged him so he can tell you exactly what he bought. This is what I would do to the docks without a question.

One good thing to know is what exact plastic they used to make the dock.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll have to find the stuff I used when I get home from work !!! It worked awesome !!!!

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks fellas!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is what I used on my black water holding tank !!! It has been two years and still leak free !!!!! I had a 4-5 inch crack that I had to repare from road debre hitting it

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ar240owner thanks for the link, unfortunately the Hydroports are made of Polyethylene, and the Plasti-Mend says it will not work on them. It has been almost 5 hours with the ski sitting on one dock, with silicone over the cracks, and it doesn't seem to have sank any, yet. I'll know tomorrow morning.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well that sucks. If that doesn't work maybe try 3m 5200.