• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I’m not just new, I’m

RBeach

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Really NEW to this!! To be honest I’ve never been in a forum, or part of one! But I’m excited to try here because this is a area that is close to my heart!! I’m looking for any and all advise, help, and friends that’ll help me through my boating life! Thank you

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Really NEW to this!! To be honest I’ve never been in a forum, or part of one! But I’m excited to try here because this is a area that is close to my heart!! I’m looking for any and all advise, help, and friends that’ll help me through my boating life! Thank you
Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

Do you have a boat? If so what brand/model?

RBeach

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Is it currently a sellers market for Yamaha right now? I feel like prices are a little higher then Bluebook. Any suggestions of where to find for sale?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find a boat that suits you! Go big or go home though!

RBeach

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That makes me feel good about it! Thank you!
What do you think good hours on it would be? It has less then 400.

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
When I look at boats I want to see 30-50 hours a year minimum so I know it has been used “regularly.” A lot of hidden problems can appear out of no where with engines and other mechanical parts that don’t get regular use. I almost didn’t buy my 2015 212x because it only had 20ish hours. Hoses rot, parts rust, lubricants evaporate, seals dry and crack. On our first outing several of these types of things failed. Being a little handy made them easy fixes except for not knowing that a failed O2 sensor will keep a motor from running.
For a 2012 200-400 hours is what I would be looking for.

RBeach

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
When I look at boats I want to see 30-50 hours a year minimum so I know it has been used “regularly.” A lot of hidden problems can appear out of no where with engines and other mechanical parts that don’t get regular use. I almost didn’t buy my 2015 212x because it only had 20ish hours. Hoses rot, parts rust, lubricants evaporate, seals dry and crack. On our first outing several of these types of things failed. Being a little handy made them easy fixes except for not knowing that a failed O2 sensor will keep a motor from running.
For a 2012 200-400 hours is what I would be looking for.
That’s great info! It has 370. So that seems to fall in your range I believe.👍🏻 You think?

3 green tornados

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
That’s great info! It has 370. So that seems to fall in your range I believe.👍🏻 You think?
I’d say so. Roughly 40 hours a year on probably 3-5 trips a year spread out in the summer. If it hasn’t ran in a while I would plan on new plugs, oil change and a new battery. Also check the date codes on the tires since they are likely the original tires. Even if the sidewalls don’t have cracking you may want to think about changing them out quickly if they are more than 5 years old.