• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I have little oil in cooling water....

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello, i change today the carbon ring, by this projekt i have found another problem.

I think, i have oil in the cooling water (see picutres). Now, I do not know where to look.
The oil level from engine is normal, i have no water in oil.
Has anyone an idea, or something or see simliar?

Have erveryone a idea where i can search/test?

Attachments

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Clean it out and keep an eye on it, if no water is in the oil no problem, never had anything like that when I had 4 tec engines, maybe someone in the past put something in the cooling system by mistake, who knows but not having water in your oil is the main thing.

Mr.Happy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I think to do nothing is not the best idea for this problem.
The best news, i have no water in the oil. :)
I check the oil cooler, this is tight. The others would probably be water pump and cylinder head, these are complicated places.

I think it is better to find the leak is better for oil cooler, cylinder head, cooling plate, do not want the engine overheating.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
A leak is a 2 way street if oil was leaking into the water, water would be getting into the oil.