• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I joined the Ram club

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Welcome to the Ram club! I gave up a 7.3l Ford, which I really miss, but not enough to give up my Ram though.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Welcome! I love my Laramie... I am very tempted to upgrade to a '19 but can't yet justify paying close to sticker.

A few must have mods IMO - DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Seat Towels (great for boat days) Bed Cover, and HID lights. If you haven't already join us on ramforum.com

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! I love my Laramie... I am very tempted to upgrade to a '19 but can't yet justify paying close to sticker.

A few must have mods IMO - DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Seat Towels (great for boat days) Bed Cover, and HID lights. If you haven't already join us on ramforum.com
I thought about holding out for the 2019 but for a bunch of other reasons the timing was right now.

Have you seen the sick screen in the 2019’s. Pretty damn big.

I am ordering a bed cover today, so check!
Towels are always in the truck, so check!
Will have to see on the others.

I will see you over on the Ram forum so you guys can spend more of my money...haha

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sounds good! Yeah the 19's are pretty sick... I have also floated an idea of getting a Tungsten '18 but know I will just want a '19 in a year or two.

Towels I was referring are these: https://www.amazon.com/Seat-Armour-BLACK-Protector-SA100NRAMB/dp/B07BFRWJMT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522412638&sr=8-3&keywords=ram+seat+towels They fit the seat perfectly and have a hole for the headrest. Regular ones work, but these pretty much just stay on all the time. I am 60k and my seats look brand new. I have a pair in my Charger too... which really is a shame because the seats are beautiful in that car, but at least they don't get ruined lol.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice Upgrade!

Not a fan of the dial shifter in dodge vehicles, but it beats the pants off of console shifters. The Uconnect system is nice though!

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good! Yeah the 19's are pretty sick... I have also floated an idea of getting a Tungsten '18 but know I will just want a '19 in a year or two.

Towels I was referring are these: https://www.amazon.com/Seat-Armour-BLACK-Protector-SA100NRAMB/dp/B07BFRWJMT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522412638&sr=8-3&keywords=ram+seat+towels They fit the seat perfectly and have a hole for the headrest. Regular ones work, but these pretty much just stay on all the time. I am 60k and my seats look brand new. I have a pair in my Charger too... which really is a shame because the seats are beautiful in that car, but at least they don't get ruined lol.
Those towels are nice but I would probably only use them after a day on the boat. IMO having them on all the time defeats the purpose of having leather to me. I like the feel of leather and one of the reasons I upgraded from the cloth in my Titan. I also have the ventilated seats so I don’t know that the air would come through with the towels on. Love that they would stay in place though.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice Upgrade!

Not a fan of the dial shifter in dodge vehicles, but it beats the pants off of console shifters. The Uconnect system is nice though!
Yeah, wasn’t so sure about the dial shifter either but after having it for a day I love the extra room in the console.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys! Looking forward to a great number of years with this one.

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice looking truck!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did the Titan behave??? Looks great for 11 years old.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did the Titan behave??? Looks great for 11 years old.
Thanks. Loved the Titan for the 10 years i had it. Only 110k miles when i got rid of it but no major mechanical issues. The paint was starting to get a little bit of hazing on the roof a bit. Seems like paint may be an issue with some of them in that year range as i see others with the paint wearing. The only real issue i had was the overhead console plastic breaking and essentially crumbling. I read where maybe a bad batch of plastic was used for that year. But i think the biggest issue was there was no insulation above the console, only above the headliner. So it got extremely hot in there with the sun and i think it just killed the plastic. Love the Ram though.

mpbassett44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Your gonna love it!!!! DeeZee tail gate assist that was mentioned earlier is the best cheap mod to make. I really like the bakflip bed covers and the bakflip storage box...https://bakflip.com...It's not for everyone, but I added a carpet bed liner...https://bedrug.com/bedliners-and-mats...Not as durable as a spray-in bed liner, but it looks great and I haven't had any issues with it.IMG_1782.JPG

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Drove by this yesterday. Love the look and the red matches my boat but I heard these things sag and have squishy suspension under heavy load. Dealership is asking 50k. Thoughts?

38CBE766-F184-4952-8306-B7515107B499.jpeg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are the rams still using coils for the rear suspension? Seems like I remember them switching to coils instead of leaves some years back.

If that's the case, then a set of "spring over" airbags will help when towing. I know the TBSS guys use those a LOT and like them.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Drove by this yesterday. Love the look and the red matches my boat but I heard these things sag and have squishy suspension under heavy load. Dealership is asking 50k. Thoughts?

View attachment 99902
After owning 4 GM trucks - 3 Chevys & 1 GMC - I finally crossed over to Dodge. I ordered my Ram at the end of March and it arrived 5 weeks later.
I can say without a doubt it’s the best truck I have owned. I ordered it with the 3.92 gears and it tows like a dream.
I would say you’re getting some bad info most likely from someone who doesn’t own a Ram or at least the new designed Ram.
Here’s a pic of the Ram pulling the boat out of winter storage the week I brought the truck home. It doesn’t sag.
If you’re seriously considering the Ram and have hesitations over the bad info take the truck out for a test drive. Hook it up to your boat and see for yourself.

Attachments

JWExperience

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Suspension isn’t too squishy, I towed a 9500lb searay with mine and it towed as well as my tundra. I hate the brakes on the ram, lasted half as long as my tundra 30k vs 60k. Fit and finish is not on par with tundra or f150 either but ram has best straight line ride. Too much body roll for my liking from a weak rear sway bar. My ram is a 2016 crew cab big horn. I have 29k on it and brakes have been crap for the last 5k. Never had any of that on my 2010 tundra, felt like it was solid as a rock and could weld the hood shut and not worry until 100k. I also have random electrical gremlins in the ram. Yesterday my auto down on passenger window wouldn’t work which happened once before in the last year and sometimes my cruise doesn’t turn on for 5-10 miles into a trip. Can’t ever duplicate these things though. All that said, I like the looks and features of the ram. I’m not disappointed, just think the tundra was better quality. Ram has about 50% better mileage too, tundra was a hog.