• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I know what my next jet toy is going to be ....

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll take one. But I'm not riding it at night like they are (with no lights). That looks like a recipe for disaster...

Looks like the entry fee is on the order of $8k. For 25 minutes of ride time.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
$6,500 from what I saw....

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't forget the 1200 EUR shipping fee to the US...

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

says free shipping to US unless you want it expedited for $500

am I reading this wrong?

8A95380F-597B-4ED6-904E-EBB1D2DD994C.jpeg

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
If you go to the manufacturer's web site you can configure one from around $6500 up to $13000! :eek:

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I don't get how someone could justify paying close to, or over $8000 for this thing when you can buy a half decent waverunner or seadoo for the same price... different strokes for different folks I suppose.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If it could charge a little from built in solar while you were at the sand bar, and/or had a longer ride time - yep i'm in. 8k for 25m? That's world-class hooker money.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Its the ride time that’s the issue. If they could get the ride time over 1 hr, now that starts to look attractive as a recreational vehicle to have fun on the water.

Hopefully competition will drive the price down in the near future. But I’d say they get these over 1 hr for operation time and get the price down to $3k-$6k Range this would be a decent market development.

But wow that thing is cool.....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'd just buy a stand-up jet ski like an old Kawi or Yamaha SuperJet. Hell at that price you're all most there to buy the redesigned 2021 SJ!

As mentioned the drive or use time is not great and unfortunately that's usually the story for electric stuff.

Why bother with electric and short times when you could do the same with gas? Jetsurf USA - buy the fastest motorized surfboard

Then there's also the old school Surf Jet's, I still see those pop up on markets from time to time. Sure it's not as sexy and sleek as the modern stuff but the principle is the same without the laughable entry cost of the new stuff....

Last edited:

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
says free shipping to US unless you want it expedited for $500

am I reading this wrong?
That is buying one local. I was looking ordering from the manufacturer (where you can customize and they ship it to you).

I looked on the web a bit and they do have ones of these that are 2-cycle engine powered. Gas tank is almost a whole gallon!

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
New exciting ways to use jet power, electric or gas, the point is a jet powered board that one can surf on. I’m sure this new way to surf has a good chance to take off and as it does, prices will get cheaper and technology and features will get better. Not ready to jump in now but do see this as the next toy! Can‘t help but love jet power :winkingthumbsup"

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks super cool. Too rich for my blood, but if a resort had them to rent, I'd definitely spend some money to try it. Can get an extended range (45min) for +$2300.