• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I love it when a plan comes together....

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So back in November, I bought my 2008 AR23o and the madness began. I began planning out my stereo system and the mods that I would like to have done by the spring. Here are some pics of what I have done so far.... Enjoy

Oh and please done mind the dirtyness, it will be getting a full cleaning very soon... dual batteries.jpg
Dual Group 27 Flooded Acid Batteries, totally isolated from the starter battery. 1 Group 24 battery for the starter circuit. I plan on using the stereo a lot at a local sand bar, and do not think I will be able to utilize the stator from the engines to sufficiently charge the House bank, so I just left it totally isolated and did not even connect it to the started circuit with a switch. I installed a Minn Kota MK-345PC triple bank on-board charging for shore charging when I get back to a dock or home for the night.
battery status off.jpg
I installed my battery switch, two battery status indicators, a switch and my 200 amp breaker in the storage area under the port side under the observers seat. The small black switch controls the battery indicators and turns them on and off as seen in the picture below. I wired the battery indicators to the posts on the battery switch, so when the battery switch is on the off position, each display reads its own battery, but when it is on both, both will read the same voltage because they equalize together. battery status on.jpg
Battery indicators on

Wet Sounds HT-6 Class D amp to power 4 6.5 inch Kicker in-boats and 1 Subwoofer and Wet Sounds SD-2 Class D to power 4 Wet Sounds REV8 Tower Speakers.amps1.jpg
tower speakers and bimini.jpg
4 Wet Sounds REV8 Tower Speakers
tower left.jpg
2 Seperate RGB Controllers so the two outside speakers light up a different color than the two inside tower speakers. tower right.jpg tower speakers.jpg rgb connectores.jpg
I used two sets of 5 wire RGB wires to run into the tower to control the two separate channels of RGBs. I used 5 wire conductor to run a power and ground to the tow point mounted nav light.
anchor light.jpg
fuse panel.jpg
Blue Seas Fuse block to distribute power to my two RGB controllers and Wet Sounds 420-SQ equalizer.relocated radio.jpg
I hated the fact that I could not see the face of the radio while standing up and driving the boat, so I relocated the radio into the original mounting area for the No Wake Mode Switches, and moved the No Wake Mode Switches to the Radio area. relocated no wake switches.jpg
speakers1.jpg
Kicker KM654LCW 6.5 inch Component Speakers with built in RGB lights. speakers2.jpg
Kicker KM654LCW 6.5 inch Component Speakers with built in RGB lights. speaker.jpg
Kicker KM654LCW 6.5 inch Component Speakers with built in RGB lights. speaker`.jpg
Kicker KM654LCW 6.5 inch Component Speakers with built in RGB lights. speaker2.jpg
Kicker KM654LCW 6.5 inch Component Speakers with built in RGB lights. speaker3.jpg
Kicker KM654LCW 6.5 inch Component Speakers with built in RGB lights. Charger.jpg
Minn Kota MK-345PC 3-bank 45 amp (15 amp per bank) on board battery charger. Since I moved my Anchor light to the tow point, I installed a plug adapter in the original Anchor light hole.

I am almost done with my spring mods, I just bought the Garmin EchoMAP50dv from West Marine over the weekend while they were having their sale and will be creating a new dash panel and installing it in the Dash in the next few days hopefully.

Attachments

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks great! Love to see DIY installs.....

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice! Love the lighted speakers.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
4 rev 8's?! I'm surprised I didn't hear it while you were testing! That's gotta sound incredible

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the battery switch and digital voltmeters location.

Nice work.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like all the work was done by a seasoned shop, very nice.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So back in November, I bought my 2008 AR230 and the madness began ....
Minn Kota MK-345PC 3-bank 45 amp (15 amp per bank) on board battery charger.
@PaulyB ...... Incredible amount of work. Results speak for themselves. GRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr888888888T photos !@
Thanks so much ! ANd oh yeah ....... by the way . Incredibly SMART choice on the QUALITY on-board charger ! :winkingthumbsup"
It's so good, I HAD to change from a Minn-Kota MK-220D to a MK-330PC ....... It's Da Bomb ! :thumbsup:
Sincere Best Wishes - Love the Tower speakers ! - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Beautiful setup! Congrats:winkingthumbsup"

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great looking setup!!! Where you mounted your 420 was where I was wanting to mount mine but I didn't have the guts to cut into my boat ...lol

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Where do you pick up your voltage meters, been having trouble finding ones I like. Install looks great nicely done!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you pick up your voltage meters, been having trouble finding ones I like. Install looks great nicely done!
@Master-Spud , here is a link to the one I used, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005UWD2J4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, it isn't waterproof, so I am thinking about taking it out and putting hot glue around the whole thing and hoping that will make it a little bit water resistant. You can also search "Voltage Meter Panel Mount" on Amazon.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hated the fact that I could not see the face of the radio while standing up and driving the boat, so I relocated the radio into the original mounting area for the No Wake Mode Switches, and moved the No Wake Mode Switches to the Radio area.
I like that idea!!! I very rarely use the no wake mode and this looks like something very doable. Thanks for the idea and your boat is looking great!!!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the compliments, I was very nervous of drilling some of these holes in the boat, and thankfully it came out as I had hoped!

@PaulyB thanks for the link, Ya could be the reason I couldn't find one was trying for waterproof
@Master-Spud I found this one, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JOB790K/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=5b4e91e13a8a3b3b2d6d4434a13f0ec9_S&dra_hfr=1&dra_ohs=0-0, if the ones I get don't end up working out I will probably end up with these....

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the compliments, I was very nervous of drilling some of these holes in the boat, and thankfully it came out as I had hoped!

@Master-Spud I found this one, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JOB790K/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_it_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=5b4e91e13a8a3b3b2d6d4434a13f0ec9_S&dra_hfr=1&dra_ohs=0-0, if the ones I get don't end up working out I will probably end up with these....
Ya know @PaulyB ......... If I didn't have a gauge for the batteries built into the Connext System, I would add this gauge in a heartbeat ! Nice find !
Thanks for sharing, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow @PaulyB ! Looks great!

Only thing I'd caution you about: Make sure you've got terminal covers for your batteries. Not sure if it's Federal or State that requires it, but I know I have to have both battery terminals covered or I could be fined if I were ever stopped and inspected.

Other than that the setup looks awesome!

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got around to mounting my Garmin EchoMAP 50dv today. I initiall made my own dash panel, but when screwing the last screw in it snapped it half. I then decided to try it in the factory dash.... I think it turned out pretty well.....image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg