• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I NEED A LIFT BUT HAVE QUESTIONS

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 242 limited and I will need a loft for this summer. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as brands and styles and what weight I will need. Thanks

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a used Boat Floater that works perfectly I'll sell you. $3,000.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the 6,000 lb version from http://www.boatliftus.com/ This is a widely installed product in the salty mid-Atlantic US.

3 years no problems. Fits my 2013 242 perfectly. If you move up to the 8,000 lb model the cradles are 2-3 feet wider providing a bit more slop if you need to battle winds or tides when docking. I prefer a snug entry onto the lift from the water and the narrower cradle makes access from a pier or floating dock a tad easier.

The installer of my lift adjusted the bunks for my boat to insure the bunks weren't sitting on the chines.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have sunstream v-lift. used 5 seasons so far no issues. All you do is tie it up where you want and you are done.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have had a Floatair for three years with no problems. They are priced pretty good as well.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hydrohoist is solid choice. I was quoted $7,200 for a 6,600lb capacity installed and all taxes and fees.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a used Boat Floater that works perfectly I'll sell you. $3,000.
Wished you were closer. Just for the heck of it, what are the specs of the lift?

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hydrohoist is solid choice. I was quoted $7,200 for a 6,600lb capacity installed and all taxes and fees.
Which Hydro hoist dealer did you call it was quoted 7600 and 400 installation for the 6600 they acTed like they would deal a little if I would commit soon so just wandering who you spoke with

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Which Hydro hoist dealer did you call it was quoted 7600 and 400 installation for the 6600 they acTed like they would deal a little if I would commit soon so just wandering who you spoke with
Sent you a PM

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wished you were closer. Just for the heck of it, what are the specs of the lift?
I'm pretty sure it's a 6,000 lb lift. I had a SX 240 HO with a tower and it would easily lift that boat with a full tank of gas and 4 people in it. Never had a problem with the lift. Galvanized steel tanks and the bunks are that plastic type of wood. Can't think of the name for the stuff.

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's a great deal, it depends on location of course. I did a lot of looking around, best I found in Central TX this summer was $7850 installed, for a 6600 Hydrohoist UltraLift-2. (Lift+install+TX taxes.)

A ton of money, but it's almost a lifetime investment, these things are built like a tank.

I did search for a while for a used one, but all I could find was old, pretty junky lifts, so it's up to you if you are OK with that, or lifts too far away to be practical. My HydroHoist dealer told me if they get a good used one in trade (I think give you 85% if it's current model in good shape), they are sold in less than 48 hours. You gotta get lucky to hit them up at the right time they have one.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the help I told them of the other people I had talked to including 2 in my marina and they got there's for 7200 for everything so they said they would do that for me

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone here have experience with Econo Lifts?

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We have our 242 on a hydrohoist (reconditioned 6500# if I remember correctly) that Marine Specialties installed for us.
No issues so far after 2 seasons....
You aren't far from us on Allattoona, Marine Specialties is out of Buford and installs lifts at several marinas on Allattoona.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Evildwarf yep, was working with Marine Specialties. I have since found a used Shoremaster Rhinohoist 6,800lb lift through another company who services Allatoona. I think I am going to pull the trigger on it and save $2,000 over the Hydrohoist. Lift is only a few years old and in new condition.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's great I found a guy in the classifieds with one for 2000 and he is in Lexington so about an hour from me but he wants to sell the lift as a package with the boat and a tahoe

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's great I found a guy in the classifieds with one for 2000 and he is in Lexington so about an hour from me but he wants to sell the lift as a package with the boat and a tahoe
If it's a good lift then$2,000 is a steal. Best I've found is $4,900 for a used lift. I'm sure most used lifts sell word of mouth through marina slips.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya i talked to him today and he dont want to seperate them

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How much extra is the wood poles driven in for the lift or is this included? How much extra is a small dock to walk around the boat?