• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2009 232 Limited Giveaway!(Atlanta)

ridinpropless

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
All right, I'm not actually giving it away...but it's close! Price reduced to $24,000!

Well, I think we have moved on. We bought a cruiser today. Our plan was to hold on to our 2009 Yamaha 232 and the cruiser until next summer, see which one we used more, and then sell one. I was talking to my wife and we are both leaning toward selling the Yamaha now. So here's the low-down:

We've used it for 3 summers and kept it in great shape.

I've changed oil and spark plugs every spring. In addition, I had all of the bearings on the trailer repacked last year. It's near "factory". The only mods I have done are
1. Adding Cobra steering
2. Added sound deadening to the engine compartment and rear seats (Worked awesome)

We'll be sad to see her go and wouldn't hesitate to buy another Yamaha. But this chapter in our life is coming to a close...for now. I'll officially know whether we'll sell next week but wanted to test the waters. We'll be asking $28,000.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jmajka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Might want to let everyone know how many hours on the engines. I know it is something that I look at. Just my opinion being a new guy looking for a boat. Additional pics always help too...just to show condition.

ridinpropless

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Might want to let everyone know how many hours on the engines. I know it is something that I look at. Just my opinion being a new guy looking for a boat. Additional pics always help too...just to show condition.
The boat doesn't have an hour meter on it, so I need to take it to the dealer to have them run it. I'm planning to post some additional pics of the inside soon (within the next couple days)

ridinpropless

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It's official. The wife told me to post it this morning. :nailbiting:

Here's the official write-up:

2009 Yamaha 232 Limited. $28,000 Edit: Reduced to $27,000!

We've owned it for 3 summers and have loved every minute of it, but we're moving up to a cruiser. However, the next owner will be getting an unbelievable boat. I like to keep things as close to showroom/factory condition as possible, so I don't have a ton of mods on here. I did add the Cobra Venum Ultimate fins and a bunch of sound proofing (https://jetboaters.net/threads/i-think-i-finally-quieted-my-yamaha.10022/). I peeled the factory graphics off of the side because they were starting to fade and peel on their own. Never added them back because I couldn't find them anywhere. But I think I like it better without them anyway.

I'm confident we have kept this boat cleaner than any other 232 out there, and many boats much newer. I've had several people comment that they thought it was less than 3 years old! We would give it a good detailing each spring, then we'd usually wash it before and after every trip. We never wore shoes in the boat, so the carpet never really got dirty. The (I assume) factory berber carpets would be washed if needed, otherwise hung to dry and rolled up for storage. The boat was covered with the pictured Yamaha mooring cover and kept in my driveway.

The trailer is the standard painted trailer from Yamaha. I put 4 new tires on and had all of the bearings repacked last summer. It's ready to go!

Mechanically, I had the port pump resealed shortly after I bought it due to cavitation. I haven't had any issue since. Oil and spark plugs were changed every spring. She's given us 3 years of trouble-free boating and I have no reason to expect the next owner's experience will be any different. If you would like additional pictures or information, please let me know.

Includes the pictured mooring cover and filler cushion.

IMG_20170822_170414.jpg IMG_20170822_170543.jpg IMG_20170822_171430.jpg
IMG_20170822_165943.jpg
IMG_20170822_170016.jpg

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
great looking boat... i am interested to hear where you land with a cruiser.. we are planning on doing that in 3 to 4 years

ridinpropless

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
great looking boat... i am interested to hear where you land with a cruiser.. we are planning on doing that in 3 to 4 years
We already found and bought a 1999 Bayliner 3055. Love it so far!

ridinpropless

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Final reduction of the season. Otherwise, I'll sell it next spring. $25,000!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and a great deal for someone looking!
The extensive soundproofing in this boat is really one of the best soundproofing solutions in those boats
(and yes, they are loud from factory). I've done something similar (now twice) and can tell you it is a lot of work and expensive materials.

--

Livewire

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It was a nice meeting you and pleasure to deal with you @ridinpropless. Ridingpropless got over 6 inches of snow and the boat cover didn't survive. He ordered us a brand new one from yamaha and is having it shipped to us. Now he didn't have to do that, but that goes to show you the kind of man he is. We appreciated it! Even had a spare tire lying around that he throwed in along with a suction thingy to change the oil.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulation on the new boat. Also @ridinpropless switching to a 1999 Bayliner 3055 is a big change. That is a nice boat.

ridinpropless

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
As I told @Livewire , you guys may well see me back here in a year! The big boat has been a dream of mine for a long time (since I was a kid). My son has lost interest in tubing, and my daughter just went through her second ACL surgery, so she won't be tubing or wakeboarding next year. This was a good opportunity to give the big boat a shot! I've already told my wife that if we don't like the big boat (Knot Wise), we'll be back in a Yamaha!