• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

IBR Scarab is it the same as a BRP(278-003-606)

ProTurbo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Here is the reason I ask

I know they look the same, but the circuit board inside and/or software wise....
We have a SBHOI215-2017 Scarab-Jet
Client left plug in and filed boat with water and fried the IBR. we couldn't read it with the BUD system.
Left black residue to pin 1 ( off fuse 30 amp box)and 2 (off ECM) off the connector on the IBR connector, also the CCK connector it had water a little bit on connectors..
After checking everything, all the power (12Volts) is ok and now reaching the IBR (pin 1 and 2) and GND off pin 8 is ok.

so we decided to put a Spark IBR on her.

After plugging in the BUD system, it did ask to add the Module(IBR) to the Cluster and ECM and after we needed to calibrate of course.

We did all that and to our surprise when testing with the BUD system when clicking UP the Gate was going DOWN and visa versa. weird lol

Also when moving forward the throttle 3/4 , I would get 3 error ( never reverse)
C2142 - Brake Level sensor (BRLS) Signals A (5 Volts) Shorted to Battery
C2143 - Brake Level Sensor (BRLS) Signals B (GND) Shorted to Battery
C2329 - Validated Forward ( Gate outside Target zone After maximum Delay)

Always 3/4 way forward then I get those, I clear them and they will not come back until I got 3/4 forward

and of course the dash(upgraded by the way) shows me Ereverse error always, now even if the BUD system has no fault until i go 3/4 forward and BUD goes fault with the 3 error codes ( always the same codes above)

As you see, we did our homework.....

The ? is still

Is scarab IBR the same as a spark or any watercraft after 2012

Thank you for your time to read this

As everyone knows, I cannot get and schematic for a scarab boat, but yes we can get a schematic for BRP Watercraft after 2012 as they stop making
Boats with use cable only..

If you know something or know where I can get answers, please feel free to reply

Last edited:

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I get the feeling this is above most of us here including me. Maybe you'll get lucky....

ProTurbo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I get the feeling this is above most of us here including me. Maybe you'll get lucky....

I really hope so, we still cannot get anyone from Scarab to return our calls or messages

Mrhonnesty99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
You are correct the firmware is different from ski model to boat model despite the fact the part number for jetski is the same , currently ends in 606 however the flash files are different , I’ve done many of these and it takes special equipment and knowledge to transfer the files from an inr to ibr, if any one needs my services just reach out , I’ve had the pleasure of working with a few members here on the forum and got the boats work again despite all the chip shortage and back orders

ProTurbo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
You are correct the firmware is different from ski model to boat model despite the fact the part number for jetski is the same , currently ends in 606 however the flash files are different , I’ve done many of these and it takes special equipment and knowledge to transfer the files from an inr to ibr, if any one needs my services just reach out , I’ve had the pleasure of working with a few members here on the forum and got the boats work again despite all the chip shortage and back orders
First, I like to thank you for replying, we still don't have and waiting for the proper IBR for the Scarab boat. Our client was pretty Bumb out
not be able to use his boat last summer.

I'm reaching out to you, to tell me.

Where can I get the flash file?
Which Hardware and Software I will need to reflash
Or should we just send you a NEW BRP IBR and you can flash it for us.

Again, thank you so much for your help. Awaiting your reply

Mrhonnesty99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 G
Boat Length
First, I like to thank you for replying, we still don't have and waiting for the proper IBR for the Scarab boat. Our client was pretty Bumb out
not be able to use his boat last summer.

I'm reaching out to you, to tell me.

Where can I get the flash file?
Which Hardware and Software I will need to reflash
Or should we just send you a NEW BRP IBR and you can flash it for us.

Again, thank you so much for your help. Awaiting your reply
You can’t flash it with buds like we can with the seadoo sk, if you want we can try to extract the files from both chips if they are still good and load them onto a working ibr , if interested send me a dm I’ll provide the shipping info , all I need is the ibr /inr as they call it also