• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ICW or Near Coast Ocean Day Trips in Eastern North Carolina

goodtogo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Curious if anyone who lives around Raleigh, NC has trailered their boat to the coast, and found interesting activates or destinations within a day trip timeframe.

I'm thinking of trying something new, on the ICW or Near Coast Ocean Day Trips in Eastern North Carolina

Thanks

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny u should ask... on saturday the 28th.. a week from Yesterday 4 to 5 of us are putting in at newbern and going to beaufort morehead area and maybe put to the light house then back to new bern.. it will be a fun run... u r welcome to join... most of us live in the raleigh area that are going.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
come on @goodtogo peer pressure...... join us!

Add your location to the site and you will get invited to meetups!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Join the party. More the better!

goodtogo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the reminder about my location.
I must have missed that when I set up my Profile
I have updated my location now.

Also, thanks for the invite to you outing this Saturday.
Unfortunately, the activities of my two High School children, eat up most of our free time, now that they are back in school.
So we will Not be able to join you, this time.

But I would still like to learn some of the details of your trip.
For instance, where you put your boats in,- in New Bern.
And if you stay over night the day before (or day of). I imagine it could be tough trailering to New Bern, spending several hours on the water, and the trailering back home, all in the same day.

I would also like to hear about other nearby activities and destinations people have found fun and interesting.
It is never to early to start planning for next season, and getting excited about new adventures.

Thanks

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is never to early to start planning for next season, and getting excited about new adventures.
well get ready for thew Charleston run in the spring. The last few years a bunch of us from the area have run to Charleston sc from various locations and spent the night , then came home the following day. @robert843 and @Andy S normally pull it together in early spring to kick off the boating season. The first year we started in a lake near interstate 95.. i cant remember the name.... went to Charleston (approximately 2 hours) and then back the following day. Last year several of us started from Myrtle Beach and drive the ICW down to Charleston and then most of the pack went from there up the river to some of the inland lakes through the sc low country... its a fun run.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the reminder about my location.
I must have missed that when I set up my Profile
I have updated my location now.

Also, thanks for the invite to you outing this Saturday.
Unfortunately, the activities of my two High School children, eat up most of our free time, now that they are back in school.
So we will Not be able to join you, this time.

But I would still like to learn some of the details of your trip.
For instance, where you put your boats in,- in New Bern.
And if you stay over night the day before (or day of). I imagine it could be tough trailering to New Bern, spending several hours on the water, and the trailering back home, all in the same day.

I would also like to hear about other nearby activities and destinations people have found fun and interesting.

Thanks
Lawson Creek Ramp (just google it or search it in the forum) is great, but avoid New Bern if the wind is from the West as it pushes the water away from the ramps and make for some tough launch and retrieve conditions. After that it's all about where you want to go. I use navionics.com. You can use their chartplotter site to automatically get you from dock to dock. Let me know if you want some help with this as there are some tips and tricks and can help you out. When in Beaufort, NC the Inlet Inn is nice and you can park your boat less than 100 yards away at the Beaufort City Docks for a reasonable price (about $2 per foot for no power or water).

Like @bronze_10 said, get ready to join us at any of the meetups in North and South Carolina. We have a great group in the 2 state area!

Below is Navionics.

Attachments