• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ideas for Lake Powell and Lake Tahoe RV with Boat Trip?

Pbirbeck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hello,

Curious if you all have any recommendations for a trip we have planned for this summer to go to Lake Powell and then Lake Tahoe late July/early August. We have a found a few places to camp with our rented 32 ft RV but was wondering if anyone had any specific recommendations on where to camp with our boat at either place. Currently thinking Wahweap Campground on Powell and Camp Richardson at Tahoe. Also would love any recs on wha to see nearby. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Pbirbeck that sounds like an epic trip. When you do it, post some pictures so we can live vicariously through it. Those are a couple of the most beautiful lakes to visit.

If you search for it, I'm sure there is some good information on here. @txav8r just went to Powell. You can follow his journey in the post linked above. I know @AZDANSX230HO has also made some trips there. And @Matt Phillips is local to Tahoe.

Hopefully those guys can chime in with some good tips. Good luck l,an international your adventure!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Pbirbeck , your in for a real treat. Lake Powell as my thread above states, was a big bucket list item for me. We stayed at the Wahweap campground and can't stress enough how this is the perfect place to stay. It might be ok to stay at the Page campground but you are removed from overlooking the lake and convenience of lakefront so to speak. I recommend getting at slip at the marina and having unfettered access to the boat while there. They have slips with power, but you will need to secure a pigtail that will adapt to their marina 30A plug, for your 15 or 20A needs.

CORRECTION...There was a picture here if a motorhome 30A to 20A adaptor, but it is incorrect for a marina. I posted the wrong picture and I can't seem to find the right one. @Bruce or @Betik may have a correct one as my adapter is with @Betik now.

The marina will give you a lift via golf cart from parking to the boat and back each day if you are patient, or they have dock carts available at both parking lot and dock for your use as a guest. Powell is BIG. It has much to offer. You can't see it all in even a two week trip. Long trips are weather affected, so plan to be flexible and "know before you go". The lake and scenery are nothing short of spectacular. The only thing I could recommend from my biased perspective, is to break this trip into two separate trips, and do justice to Powell. There is so much to see and do around there, you just can't do it all in a two week period. We only spent 4 days on the lake, and we were busy everyday. Read my thread from start to finish, it has the pitfalls of RV travel and the successes. It will give you considerations for other stuff you may have not considered, such as National parks and features you and your family will love. Trust me, Tahoe can wait! But if your going to try to cover both, plan well and see if you can cover some of the wonders of northern Arizona and Southern Utah while your nearby. From our perspective, our trip was about seeing and exploring, not about watersports. However we enjoyed floating and swimming everyday at the lake. Another reason not to short the area, is that you may have a day that just isn't lake worthy, that is perfect for a trip to Zion, Bryce, or the north rim of the Grand Canyon. The campground is a great place to just hang as well, and the view from our campsite was perfect. We had two different people come by and ask when we were leaving so they could have our site! So campground "D", spot 42, is my recommendation.
IMG_9024.jpg
IMG_9021.jpg
IMG_9022.jpg
For a video from this spot, see this...

If you go to the service yard (boat service), they will let you park your trailer in their staging lot and you won't have to keep it at the campground. As a matter of fact, it is so much easier to let them launch the boat too, they did a fabulous job and I didn't have to use the motorhome. They were punctual and careful and know both the lake, the ramp, and the campground. I think it was $25 to launch and $25 to recover. IMG_9029.jpg
I envie you a little, I loved this trip and the entire area. Have fun and post a thread, we all love them!

Last edited: