• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Ideas for packing Wake boards and ZUP for trailering

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So as we get closer to the season, I was thinking about one of the things that annoys me when we are going to the lake and trying to figure out a solution or mod.

I have board racks on my boat, but don't feel it is safe to keep anything there while heading to the launch.

What I need to take is a ZUP Board, two wake boards and a Wake Surf Board at this time. When I Have only a couple kids with us I stick them in the back of the Expedition. A lot of the time if I am only going a 10-15 miles to the water I pull the mooring cover at the house and store it in its bag in the trunk. I have secured the boards in the cockpit with bungee chords and ropes but they can bounce around. This comes into play when we are full up in the truck with 4-6 kids.

I was contemplating making a rack that would secure to the tower then down in the cockpit from PVC pipe so it is one unit that would hold everything and I could just unlock it and throw it in the truck at the launch. What would be awesome is if I did something like this and it worked to hold the Super HD Big Mable as well, inflated, so I could just inflate at home and head out.

These are items that won't fit into any locker or storage on the boat.

Any ideas or thoughts? What does anyone else do?

Rooftop cargo carrier? You’d have to take bindings off but then the boards are secure if you stop anywhere or for longer road trips.

Homemade rack sounds like a good idea for normal quick trips.

I was thinking maybe something vertical that would clamp with a rubber insert to the tower and straight down to the floor and friction secure it maybe with an angle brace on each side to either end of the tower with horizontal posts, like a tie rack, and just bungee everything to that.

I have bags/covers for my wake board and sur board, so I usually put them in the truck. Have laid them flat in the boat as well.

I wouldn't have the room in the SUV and they tend to get bounced around in the boat. I have bungeed them around the boat cockpit to the seat posts and such, but I did get a few good nicks in the gelcoat last year that I fixed with gel coat patch kits. Trying to figure out something a bit more secure.

I wouldn't have the room in the SUV and they tend to get bounced around in the boat. I have bungeed them around the boat cockpit to the seat posts and such, but I did get a few good nicks in the gelcoat last year that I fixed with gel coat patch kits. Trying to figure out something a bit more secure.

I'm thinking you need a quick disconnect on the tower and in the cockpit for the board rack. Think table leg mount, but one on the tower and one lower in the cockpit. Just unhook the rack from the tower and hook back to the spot in the cockpit without ever removing the boards from the board rack.

If your board rack swivels to the inside the cockpit.....you could swivel it inboard, leave the board racks in it, and have a custom stretchy cover made to go around the whole rack/board setup to hold them in place. I wouldn't tow to Florida like that, but 10mi to the ramp I might.

What about a snowboard rack on the roof of the truck? Made to hold flat things on the roof at speed and be secure. Little more load/unload work, but would get them there without losing or damaging them without taking space IN the truck.

Could you add a locker to the trailer? Maybe a custom diamond plate locker up in the bow area. Could padlock it to keep them safe, would allow transport with the boat. Keeps rocks and crap off them. Keeps them out of airflow.

I'm thinking a set of PVC "fingers" in teh cockpit floor with a bungee over them for towing with the cover ON, but i'm not sure that gets you far with the cover off.

I'll keep thinking. Gotta be a solution somewhere on this.

@2kwik4u Excellent Idea's. I have to agree, there is a solution. I am sure others have the same issue, might be a pretty cool mod if we can sort it out.

@2kwik4u Excellent Idea's. I have to agree, there is a solution. I am sure others have the same issue, might be a pretty cool mod if we can sort it out.
Look at Sanitary fittings for the attachment. They'll hold a decent load, and are super easy to attach/remove. Mount the board rack to one end of that, and have a local fab shop weld it up. Then mount the other side to the tower and the cockpit.

Like that (but higher quality). Each side welds or bolts to a thing. Then you can move between the two interchangeably. Hell mount one in the back of the truck and have a spot there.

I'll think more.

The vehicle roof is the easiest but most expensive answer.

I rented one of those cargo boxes for a trip this summer and it is unreal how much stuff you can fit in one of those. I actually take back my comment about removing bindings, you could leave them on at least one of the wakeboards if not both.

1644539464663.jpeg
1644539552222.jpeg

That is not a bad idea.

Back