• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

If you bought a new Yamaha boat this year, as I have, please answer me this...

ken4motion

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I picked up a new SX190 in April 2014 and to date have not received any communications from Yamaha. I have not received information on the warranty, nor was a customer questionnaire sent to me. Is this normal?

I think that is odd. I bought a new boat in July and got a questionnaire from both Yamaha and the Dealer. I didn't purchase the extra warranty so not sure about that info. If you purchased the extended look up YES and give them a call.

I think I may have gotten a satisfaction questionnaire from the dealership, but nothing else. Of course, I bought mine in 2012.

I got my Yamaha VIP stuff in the mail a month after I received delivery of my purchased 242LS

You should get one about a month after and after any warranty claim I believe. If you didn't purchase the Y.E.S. warranty you will get something just before your warranty expires. If you did get the Y.E.S. warranty I don't believe you get anything in the mail.

@ken4motion check with your dealer and make sure they warranty registered it to the correct address.

I purchased new Feb 14 and had a survey form emailed to me within a month, a $25 voucher off my first service and an email from the Dealer/salesman asking how I'm getting on with the boat.
I managed to get an extra year warranty out of the dealer but no confirmation about it other than it being listed on my sales invoice.

My dealer mentioned I would receive the questionnaire pretty quickly... then ... nothing... I mentioned it to him... he was looking in to it... again... NOTHING ... I had the same concerns about Yamaha not knowing of my purchase ... i.e. warranty issues??

I called Yamaha Corporate today and they have me in the system but never sent me the customer satisfaction survey. Good thing I called as they did not have my extended warranty on file!

I have a question for everyone. I had bought my 2006 SX230 a year old so I don't know the answer. Maybe someone like @Williamsone46 might be able to answer.

When I bought my 2014 this I did not buy the extended warranty because the finance guy was a real douchebag.......so around a year in will Yamaha send out a notice with the opportunity to buy the extended like so me car manufacturers do? oh yea.....was crazy

Im not worried if they don't, I like Yammie and NEVER had to bring my last Yammie to dealer for 8 years , well once and that's where the trust issues started, but that's another story.

Thats awesome.....i think thats why some people wonder if their stuff is turned into yammie from some dealers. I went on the yes site amd it says no record found when I put in my boat number.

This guy was a real douche....im sorry but when someone is buying a new boat and the only sales pitch for the warranty is that hey man these things have a loy of electrical repairs I see come in....I mean really so your talkimg me out of yammie???

@Williamsone46 ill def get with you on this.....you should post maybe others could use your help for same reason.

Back