• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ignition switch

Sugarsand gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hello sugar sand family I have a factory stereo it does not come on when you switch to the left position it does come on first click to the right.is this correct.two clicks starts boat,

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
My 03 ,the first year for the 18 ft Mirage, doesn't have a left, acc, position so the only way the stereo plays is in the right run, position. Shouldn't be too hard to wire it on the acc position .At one time I wired mine so it was hot all the time but after a couple of times forgetting to turn it all the way off I switched it back. Glad to hear your enjoying your boat more, they do take some getting used to but I think once you do they are much more fun then a prop.

Sugarsand gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My 03 ,the first year for the 18 ft Mirage, doesn't have a left, acc, position so the only way the stereo plays is in the right run, position. Shouldn't be too hard to wire it on the acc position .At one time I wired mine so it was hot all the time but after a couple of times forgetting to turn it all the way off I switched it back. Glad to hear your enjoying your boat more, they do take some getting used to but I think once you do they are much more fun then a prop.
So if I put it to the first right click it is ok to listen to the stereo with out having any problems, thanks bilmon

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Does the boat have to be running to listen to the radio.
nope. doesn't need to run I just didn't like having to leave the key in the run position. Don't know what Sugar Sand was thinking when they wired them that way. Almost never use mine anyway. My kid has an 07 Tango, I'll have to look at that and see what they did there when I get a chance

Sugarsand gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
nope. doesn't need to run I just didn't like having to leave the key in the run position. Don't know what Sugar Sand was thinking when they wired them that way. Almost never use mine anyway. My kid has an 07 Tango, I'll have to look at that and see what they did there when I get a chance
Thans again the weather here in Florida is just starting to cool down,now is the time to go boating.I am on the lake Harris chain of lakes can go to five different lakes a lot to do and see,you have been berry helpful to me.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
No problem, I really envy you with nice weather coming, 2-3 more weeks and it will be time to think about hanging it up till May up here

Sugarsand gary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
No problem, I really envy you with nice weather coming, 2-3 more weeks and it will be time to think about hanging it up till May up here
You and your family need a break in the winter give me a shout.