• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

I'm going to blame it on this forum!!!!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
LOL... When my wife asks me "do you need" all of this stuff you ordered for the boat, I'm going to blame this site... Oil line upgrade, plugs, plug wires, filters, primers, flush hose, and I'm sure I am forgetting something else I ordered today... And the thing is, I AM JUST GETTING STARTED..LOL

@Bruce it's official , I do not like you...LOL , that is going to get me in a lot of trouble... I do have my eye on a depth finder, with GPS. I found a hummingbird for around 200.00with the cable, and mount. It's black and white and small, but I think it will work for what I need

There is nothing free about this forum... Saving lots of money here requires spending lots of money. Accept it and move on my friend!!

Think of all the purchases as investments in family fun...That's what I tell my wife...

Just tell her you are doing it for her enjoyment....you don't need it but you thought it would make it more enjoyable for her!

You can't save money if you don't spend money...right?:rolleyes:

We're always here for you to lean on. Blame away :cool:

The LS2000 is a fun boat! Since it is a two stroke, I would recommend blocking off the oil pumps and switching to pre-mix. Granted, it will smoke a little more but you know your getting oil to the engines! I mounted primers where the chokes were and that helped a lot with cold starts. I have upgraded to an SR210 with four strokes, but I do miss the throttle response of a two stroke!! FYI, if you don't have front speakers, all you have to do is cut the holes. They were pre wired for front speakers and the speaker wire is taped to the hull, plug up new speakers and your done! I had issues with throttle slipping, but there is a fix for that also. If you have any issues, I'm sure we can help!!!

Thanks for the info @Jeff0319, I am assuming by front speakers you mean in the bow. If that is correct where would they be located, maybe in front of the bow seats?? I have primers on the way, and I have pretty much decided to do the oil line upgrade..

Yes, bow speakers. I put 6 1/2s up by the grab handles. The main thing you need to worry about is mounting to where the bow storage lid doesn't hit the speakers. I'll try to dig up some pics for you.

@Jeff0319 , that would be great thanks again,

@Jeff0319, @JC6275, Are you discussing bow speakers or the ones below the steering column?

My LX210 did not have bow speakers

b1200000-120.jpg

But it did have these

b5000000-120.jpg

4-03_970-120.jpg

@Bruce , @Jeff0319 said there are pre-wired speaker wires in the bow, my LS has the ones under the consoles now, but if it is pre wired in the bow that is cool. On a side note I bought a used factory carpet kit and it has the Velcro fasteners on the back, any recommendations on a specific kind I should get for sticking to the boat floor to fasten the carpet to?

There was a long discussion regarding the bow speakers on the yjb site. I was prepared to run my own wires, but when I cut the holes the wire was there. I haven't found pics, but if you look at the photos above I mounted the bow speakers just above the cup holders.

image.jpg

This is not mine, but it shows you what I'm talking about.

Thanks @Jeff0319 for the pic. And the great info.. That is defiantly good stuff!!!!

Here is a picture of my old boat. I thought that I took pictures of the entire process, but I can't find them. Anyway, if you have small hands/arms you can remove the front cup holder and feel around to see if you can find the speaker wire. Like I said before, the biggest thing you need to think before hand is keeping the speakers back so the bow storage lid still opens fully. I went back to the yjb page thread and it was determined that the bow speakers were an upgrade option, so the boat was pre-wired from the factory. And yes, four speakers made a huge difference in sound!!

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 15
@Jeff0319, that is a very clean LS!

@JC6275, I think you can reach up and feel the wires from the front locker.

Awesome, thank to you both for the info...:thumbsup:

Back