• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

I'm in hot water!!

Feeshy1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
For all you Scarab veterans... Is it normal to have hot water drain when you pull the plugs after a day on the lake? Not scalding but unusually hot

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If it's when you pull the plugs after a day out I would say yes since you drain the water from the engine bay.

I usually have a dry compartment, how much water is going out?

It may be the carbon seal but I see you have a 2016, they must have corrected thus issue by now (?)

Last edited:

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Verify if the water is not coming from your exhaust cooling, that would bring pretty hot water in the bilge.

Jacques

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I usually don't have any water after removing the plugs at the ramp in my way out, the only time it gets water in there is after washing the engine bay. Have you checked the o-rings in the plugs or the exhaust hoses as @JetTech72 mentioned?

Feeshy1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
On Saturday all day no water when the plugs were pulled but Sunday the wet kids were in and out all day plus really choppy surf back to the ramp and had a lot of water unusually hot

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not normal. I just had my carbon seal replaced along with a drive shaft due to a misalignment. easy way to check is to back the boat into the water and see if water penetrates through the carbon seal area. You don't even need to start the boat..

Attachments

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Im getting my 3rd drive shaft and carbon ring assembly in 13 months/70hrs. Boat has been in shop 5 out of the 15 months of ownership.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm sure most are aware but don't run your Scarab/Seadoo boats out of the water more than a couple of minutes. The carbon seal needs to be cooled by the water the boat sits in.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The only time I run the boat out of water is during the flush process and I don't flush more than a couple minutes.

Stantm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Normal.....hot engine compartment.