• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Im so over this boat and the constant shit just reminding me....

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Took boat out today.

Chasing the horrible speed control

The stereo decides to over heat, wasn't even using it, it was on low volume. Shut it off, the tower amp was boiling hot, logo light was flashing. "Turn off" doesn't actually shut the amps off, so the whole day the amps were still on and they continued to be hot. Dumb. Off should be off.

And then my other grab rail decides to check itself out. Isn't it good practice to use star washers or maybe some blue loctite on assembly? How long until this boat completely falls apart?

Attachments

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure about the stereo/amp heat thing, but I agree on lock washers need to be on those bolts. I've reinstalled a couple of them myself, and put stainless steel lock washers on when I reinstalled the bolt.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just needs a little T L C " thread locking compound "

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We all mentioned our concerns that with the factory being shut down for a while and orders being cancelled due to a shortage and new shortages of parts etc there would probably be a issue here and there. try to buy a toaster , I did and purchased a air fryer instead because they didn't have any good toasters. I am having problems getting stainless and aluminum parts I went in for some stainless steel 10mm nuts the other day and all they had were 3 in stock they found those under the bench on the floor. I took them though. Just be glad it is not something serious.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We all mentioned our concerns that with the factory being shut down for a while and orders being cancelled due to a shortage and new shortages of parts etc there would probably be a issue here and there. try to buy a toaster , I did and purchased a air fryer instead because they didn't have any good toasters. I am having problems getting stainless and aluminum parts I went in for some stainless steel 10mm nuts the other day and all they had were 3 in stock they found those under the bench on the floor. I took them though. Just be glad it is not something serious.
I get it jeff, I guess I'm more concerned years from now, what's going to rear its head from the poor workmanship and quality help they obviously lack currently. In my line of work i can't ship anything subpar out the shop, in the automotive performance industry it's a niche market, and social media rules the roost in regards to reputation. I had issues with materials, still do, but I still do my job. I guess I just can't grasp to notion of doing shit half assed, no matter how small of a job it is or simple.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Try buying a camper. Lol

it’s not just Yamaha or boats having finishing issues.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yes that also but this too shall pass.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
oh they ran out of towels yesterday

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey I had to do the same on mine. I struggled getting that trim piece to fit behind the seats again.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I retract my previous petty comment from another thread..........This is getting a bit ridiculous.

The amp thing seems really odd. Wonder if it's wired and setup properly. That kind of crap is super hard to troubleshoot if it's otherwise working properly.

I'm wondering if your boat was "mid-assembly" when they shut down, and picked back up 2mo later when everyone came back, or if maybe only a few came back and like the "stereo guy" was still out.

Hope these issues subside here soon. I can't imagine the trust issues that are growing with the boat at this point.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I retract my previous petty comment from another thread..........This is getting a bit ridiculous.

The amp thing seems really odd. Wonder if it's wired and setup properly. That kind of crap is super hard to troubleshoot if it's otherwise working properly.

I'm wondering if your boat was "mid-assembly" when they shut down, and picked back up 2mo later when everyone came back, or if maybe only a few came back and like the "stereo guy" was still out.

Hope these issues subside here soon. I can't imagine the trust issues that are growing with the boat at this point.
yeah thats the biggest thing, trusting this boat will make it into years of ownership.

Im not sure on my boat. Im sure it was a stop work, and then brought back in but when?

Some of the interior parts ive looked at have build dates of feb 21 and march 21. I received my boat end of may 21. So they were obviously getting parts for my boat close to my delivery date.

Makes me think they were down help and it was bring your kids to work week and they just threw anyone on the boat to put "stuff" together lol

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey I had to do the same on mine. I struggled getting that trim piece to fit behind the seats again.
i got it back in, i wanted to pull the upholstery trim but found screws with the philips heads destroyed, so that was a NO lol

Had to muscle it out and muscle it back in without breaking the epoxy holding the stainless pinning hardware off.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If your amps are mounted to a carpeted wall like the 242x models are, use slightly longer mounting screws and add some spacers behind them. That will help a lot with air flow to keep them cool.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
If your amps are mounted to a carpeted wall like the 242x models are, use slightly longer mounting screws and add some spacers behind them. That will help a lot with air flow to keep them cool.
ill check that tonight, i dont think its carpeted.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ill check that tonight, i dont think its carpeted.
Even without the carpet, a little space for airflow won't hurt anything.

Wonder why nobody makes those cooling plates for car amps like the cooling plates for laptops. Already have 12V right there for the amp, surely a thing plate with a few blowers on it would be easy to manufacture and lots of people could use them.

Still think something is awry with that setup. You read about people with MONSTER setups running all day at the beach without overheating. Wonder if you have a wiring issue and something is pulling far more power than it's supposed to.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Even without the carpet, a little space for airflow won't hurt anything.

Wonder why nobody makes those cooling plates for car amps like the cooling plates for laptops. Already have 12V right there for the amp, surely a thing plate with a few blowers on it would be easy to manufacture and lots of people could use them.

Still think something is awry with that setup. You read about people with MONSTER setups running all day at the beach without overheating. Wonder if you have a wiring issue and something is pulling far more power than it's supposed to.
I think the reason is that most of us that spend money on "marine audio" assume that the manufacturers have built in tolerances to operate in marine environments. But that's not a bad idea - I guy could even plumb a fresh water water cooler off of one of the intake lines. :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the reason is that most of us that spend money on "marine audio" assume that the manufacturers have built in tolerances to operate in marine environments. But that's not a bad idea - I guy could even plumb a fresh water water cooler off of one of the intake lines. :D
Hadn't thought of that, but makes sense.

I was really amazed to find that the voltage rectifier is one of the first things to get cooling water in the boat. Didn't expect them to need that much cooling.