• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

impeller part number?

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Need a bit of help. I picked up a rock over the holiday weekend and damaged my impeller. It has a big dent in the trailing edge resulting in big cavitation on the hole shot. We tried to repair it by pounding the dent out to get us through the weekend, but it needs to be replaced.

My boat is a 2017 AR195. I found the stock part number 6GN-R1321-02-00, but am having a hard time tracking one down in stock. I'm thinking I might have better luck going aftermarket for availability - maybe Solas. But I can't figure out the right part number for them. I would also need the spline tool.

Can anyone help me with a part number for the Solas impleller. And I also need a spline tool. Thanks.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
upload_2017-7-5_11-29-39.png

http://www.powersedge.com/oemparts/a/yam/57e19b4287a8660eb0701b28/jet-unit-1

upload_2017-7-5_11-32-46.png

http://shop.powersportsparts4less.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=9193332&category=Boats&make=YAMAHA&year=2017&fveh=311039

Wow, those are cheap, too. OEM impellers look dull but are extremely well designed.

I did not call to inquire about availability. I would stick with OEM impellers, those tend to work the best in boats, least prone to cavitation as they have the longest blades. Solas are shiny though, lol :p

--

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep - that's the same price I found through Yamaha Parts House. But availability is the problem. My dealer was able to find 1 at a Yamaha warehouse in Georgia (that's IF there inventory is correct). Getting through the dealer is $230. The only reason I considered a Solas would be better availability if I can't get the OEM one. But I can't seem to find a part number to fit my boat.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Silas does not make exact fit replacements. You would need to order the closest pitched impeller then have it repotched potentially multiple times.

Why are you replacing impellers on a 2017?

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Call impros.com impellers, they may know the soles alternative.

Check islandracing.com sometimes they they list the solar numbers.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why are you replacing impellers on a 2017?
I sucked up a rock. It dented the trailing edge of the impeller pretty bad. The boat now cavitates on the hole shot. I could barely make a deep water start on skis. And with 6 people in the boat, I couldn't even get it to plane out. We pulled out the impeller and tried to repair it (using a hammer/punch to pound the dent out) just to get through the weekend, but it didn't make much of an improvement.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That sucks. The problem is your 160mm pump, otherwise impellers are a plenty.

Check with the jet ski guys on greenhulk. But boat impellers are likely different pitch than SVHO skis.

--

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check our babbets.com great prices on factory parts

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd check with improved and island racing. They should be able to recommend the right prepitched Silas impeller for you. sbT (small Block technologies) has an implller exchange program for quick turn around or so I've heard that you can send them your old impeller and they will send you a refurbished model for small fee. Good luck finding what you need to get back on the water quickly.

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So here's the deal so far .... I've checked out as many suppliers of the OEM part as I could (some of the ones mentioned here - thanks for the contacts!). The problem is the 160mm pump unique to this boat. The 160mm impeller used on PWCs is slightly different and not a direct swap. My dealer did order the one he found in a Yamaha warehouse, and I haven't heard anything in the past 2 days about it being back ordered. So at this point, no news is good news. If all goes well, I should have the new impeller in my hand mid-next week.

My current damaged impeller is still in good enough shape to cruise around and pull the kids. But beyond that, I won't be skiing or driving as speeds above 15mph if I have a full load of people. Once I have my new impeller in place, I will definitely send my damaged one in to get repaired. I'll then have that as a backup.

I have been in contact with Solas on a replacement as well. There response indicated that they have little information on the AR195 and could only recommend that I 'try' their YV Concord series. They were confident it would fit (but no guarantee) and had no idea if it would be the right pitch. But suggested it would be, and I quote, "a good place to start."

So, with that being said, I'm going to hold out to see if my OEM one does indeed show up and will have my damaged one repaired. If it goes on back order, I'll track down the Solas one and take my chances that it will work. Stay tuned ..... :)

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dealer called ... The impeller came in!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):happy::happy::happy::happy::joyful::joyful::joyful::):):) He's shipping it to me this afternoon (dealer is 3 hours away). I should have it on my doorstep on Monday. Can't use the boat this weekend anyway - son's baseball tournament all weekend.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dealer called ... The impeller came in!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):happy::happy::happy::happy::joyful::joyful::joyful::):):) He's shipping it to me this afternoon (dealer is 3 hours away). I should have it on my doorstep on Monday. Can't use the boat this weekend anyway - son's baseball tournament all weekend.
How did the impeller work out and what exact part number was it?

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did the impeller work out and what exact part number was it?
New impeller works great. My dealer really came through for me. The part number listed above (6GN-R1321-02-00) is the correct part number for the 195 series boats. That's the supercharged engines with the 160mm pump currently only found on the 2017 AR195 and SX 195.